Being treated tomorrow

Options
So I am being treated to lunch tomorrow and I know I will be tempted to eat poorly - I plan to have a look at the restaurant menu online and plan my meal first - just needed to share my anxiety about going and doing well - I don't wnat to go over my calories :(

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Then don't! You will feel so very good about yourself that you will want to do it again and again.

Here are some tips I use! (I am also in the service industry for years, (server-manager-hostess...done it all!)

1. Order a tall glass of water as soon as the server comes to the table. It sets the tone.
    I get water, no ice with a slice of lemon or lime and a straw! :laugh:

2. If you can, pass on the bread basket

3. Look for "grilled" "steamed" foods, like chicken or fish

4. Do NOT be afraid to ask " What is in this?"

5. Ask for the sauce on the side. Like if they have a great looking salmon-but a sauce comes on it. Dip your fork in the sauce, then take a bite. You will eat a 1/10 of the sauce but have the taste on every bite.

6. Order a huge salad with a side of dressing. Again dip the fork in the dressing!!

7. If you must order dessert ask for the fresh fruit. Most places have it and it saves a million calories.

8. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

you can do this and still have fun!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks Jeannie - omg I just looked at the menu for Jack Astors - and seriously :noway: the calories in their menu are off the charts - the pad thai has almost 2000 calories with 90g of fat :noway: :noway: - those tips you suggested are a great idea - I love lemon slices so I am going to get them to bring me a couple of those :) I need to peruse the menu some more - I hope I can find something suitable LOL:grumble:
  • MaryFrances65
    MaryFrances65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When you order your meal, ask to be served only half of it and have the other half wrapped for a doggy bag. You won't be tempted to finish the whole thing!