Think about it

Options
I used to work on a turkey farm which then became a chicken farm. I will preface this all by saying this all applies to cattle or whatever also. When the turkeys were mostly grown, we would up the carbs and fat to really pack on the pounds. If you look at veal, those little calves are only feed milk I think and not allowed out of their little houses. No exercise. They get no fat, no grains.

My point is this...we all sit and look at every diet there is out there...but what puts the pounds on us is the great amount of fats and grains and lack of exercise.

I really dont think it matters what plan we follow. What matters is having a healthy blood pressure, a healthy heart rate and healthy blood. A day of not eatting right isnt going to kill us...but a lifetime of bad eatting is.

Replies

• jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I tried a lot of the different programs and came to a similar conclusion is it is about what we consume and how active we can be to what we can burn.
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Very well said!!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of grain consumption, but I think it's good to keep in mind that humans are not birds. We are not rats, we are not pigs, we are not anything but human. Extrapolating the results of a non-human example should be done very hesitantly.

A large portion of humanity has evolved to be able to eat grains just fine with no problems. Unfortunately my ancestors did not.
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yep...we have evolved right into very over weight obese humans. Our bodys are NOT dealing well with all the grains, fats , sugars that were here years ago...even 100 years ago. Our grandparents had to actually squeeze an orange for orange juice...