Why do you enjoy EXERCISING????

Options
I used to hear this all the time, "I always hated Exercising now its fun" "I look forward to my workout" and I'd think to myself theirs no way! That's not possible!!! I have been forcing myself to work out for some time now, although I haven't lost much, when I look in the mirror I see my spare tire deflating and when I look down I see were my B**bs end.

That's why I enjoy exercising!!!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I love the adrenaline high after I really kick my butt. I think I may actually be a little mentally addicted to it now.
    I think exercise is fantastic stress relief.
    And, I simply :heart: feeling so much healthier physicially (and mentally).
  • stacymac
    stacymac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel great afterwards; tons of energy and knowing that I can have a beer without worry.
    Also I am looking forward to meeting my goal of doing a 5K this spring. Find what motivates you! Best of luck! :smile:
  • sheristeele
    Options
    I think excercise is refreshing and makes you feel better after you start a regular routine. I feel so tired and lazy when I'm not excercising but feel like I have more energy when I am.
  • sunshine26
    Options
    I get that rush to and if I work out after dinner I'm up real late!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it because it is my time. I don't have to worry about kids, husband, house or bills. Just me and my running.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I always had to force myself to just do it so I can be a thin machine. Once I did get myself started and into it my BIGGEST enjoyment is not what I wanted before - a thin body. Now I enjoy it because I know that even if I don't want to do it today, I know I'll feel better tomorrow - about life, myself, etc. Second, it really does help to release my stress and make me sleep better. But! Don't get me wrong, a thin body is still in my sight! :tongue:
  • sunshine26
    Options
    I always had to force myself to just do it so I can be a thin machine. Once I did get myself started and into it my BIGGEST enjoyment is not what I wanted before - a thin body. Now I enjoy it because I know that even if I don't want to do it today, I know I'll feel better tomorrow - about life, myself, etc. Second, it really does help to release my stress and make me sleep better. But! Don't get me wrong, a thin body is still in my sight! :tongue:

So true, I always feel better the next day and I think to myself, " only today counts, yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't happened yet"
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love when I start a new program, I struggle...then after a while, it gets easier and I feel such a sense of accomplishment!

It's also my alone time even though I work out at home. I can focus, and think, and imagine my new "skinny self" for 1 hour without distractions from my son or husband talking or whining or needing something lol
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like sweating with purpose. I like knowing that I am doing something to make myself healthier. I like knowing that it's going to help me keep seeing lower numbers on the scale. And I like showing people who don't think I can do it that I sure can!
  • sunshine26
    Options
    This quot here is what motivates me the most,
    "The future depends on what we do in the present."
  • sunshine26
    Options
    Honestly, I love when I start a new program, I struggle...then after a while, it gets easier and I feel such a sense of accomplishment!

It's also my alone time even though I work out at home. I can focus, and think, and imagine my new "skinny self" for 1 hour without distractions from my son or husband talking or whining or needing something lol

Each day I can go longer and harder with my workouts, then I know I'm doing something right.
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I love to workout but I know its key so I do it. If I am not working out to a dvd I have to be doing the workout (elliptical or other cardio) infront of the tv during a favorite show to keep me distracted from my mind telling my body that I am done before the time is up.

I always tell myself that no one ever regrets workout but you always regret not workingout. You might be tired and exhausted after a workout but have you ever been pissed at yourself for working out? Exactly the point my friend!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    I LOVE the exhausted but VERY happy feeling i get after a workout, i love the fact that i dont have to worry about the kids, about uni, or about anything else just for that hour a day, its great!

i ALWAYS walk to the gym thinking "ooh, i dont want to go to the gym, blah blah blah"..but once i start the workout, i LOVE it, lol!

Now, i dont feel like i have accomplished anything if i dont go to the gym, even though i have accomplished lots of other stuff during the day!
  • sunshine26
    Options
    Well I'm off to do my workout now, thanks everyone for posting. you've motivated me even more.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Well I'm off to do my workout now, thanks everyone for posting. you've motivated me even more.

Have a fantastic workout sunshine!!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

What she said! :)
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I enjoy exercising because I enjoy FOOD! Extra calories at the end of the day is my motivation. Even though I usually come in under my calorie goal, just knowing that I have a little wiggle room keeps me from freaking out. And it pays off!
  • sunshine26
    Options

Have a fantastic workout sunshine!!

I did! I'm still wiping sweat :sad: We'll just pretend thats sweat, cus I'm soo not crying!
  • sunshine26
    Options
    I enjoy exercising because I enjoy FOOD! Extra calories at the end of the day is my motivation. Even though I usually come in under my calorie goal, just knowing that I have a little wiggle room keeps me from freaking out. And it pays off!

Me too!!!
    That's why I love MFP!!!
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    I'll be honest, it wasn't that long ago that I did not look forward to working out. I'm not sure when the shift took place, but now I look forward to getting up and working out each day. I hate rest days; they throw me off. Now, instead of motivating myself to work out, I have to FORCE myself to rest once in a while. I think I enjoy it because I feel so much better when I workout, my body feels so much younger and I love the changes I'm seeing. HTH. ;]