Feeling Proud

Options
I just needed to tell somebody - I am starting to run/jog! This is a big deal for me because I had reconstructive knee surgery about 2 years ago and I am just now (sadly) starting to run again. Granted... I wasn't much of a runner to begin with, but I've been feeling incredibly out of shape lately and I'm happy to finally be doing something about it!
Since I'm basically starting from scratch I'm using an app called "Get Running" and I was shocked that I was able to do the runs! I like how it breaks up running and walking and slowly builds you up to being able to run for a continuous 30 minutes.
Besides my general health, I wanted to begin running for 2 reasons. 1) I'm planning on getting a dog in about a month and I want to be able to go on runs with her so we can both get some good exercise. Also, I would feel guilty about not being to exercise her properly so I'm getting ready for her. 2) My fiance just left for a year long deployment. He has a really hard time exercising when he doesn't have somebody to exercise with, and I figure when he gets back we can go on runs together.
I'm really excited and am very serious about keeping up with it. I'm supposed to rest from running today, so I'm going to go do weightlifting later today. I'm so ready to start taking care of myself better!!

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Good for you, your motivations are great. Keep up the good work!
  • sunshine26
    Options
    Thats great, I actually did a little jogging yesterday myself, something I hasn't done in such a long time.