What to do with them bananas?

Options
JosianneC
JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
I have loads of bananas that I could use for recipes... the thing is... i don't know what to make out of them! I've already made banana bread, muffins and I was looking at protein muffin and/or pancakes... This is as far my imagination will go, lol. Suggestions?

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder (I use chocolate)
    1 banana
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 pkt Stevia

Mix in blender.
    Drink up.
    Flex.

:smile:
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 pkt Stevia

Mix in blender.
    Drink up.
    Flex.

I drink this exact concoction every day that I work out.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Keep them in the freezer and make smoothies.

Or, keep them in the freezer and make "ice cream" with them. Put a frozen banana in the food processor, and you can add whatever you like: nuts, cinnamon, peanut butter (the natural tastes best, I think), chocolate chips, a little protein powder (if you use this, you'll need to add a little milk so it's not sticky), a little honey, whatever you like. I wouldn't add fresh fruit because it'll make it runny, but you could add dried fruit. It ends up with a texture similar to soft-serve ice cream.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great for a large variety of things. Why not make some high fiber lower calorie banana bread and freeze some of it. You can then use it for breakfast or as a snack. Also, I made some nice banana peanut butter low cal cookies with mine and they were great for a snack.

Just be creative and use em up before they go bad. When mine start to blacken, it's banana bread time, made with bran and whole wheat pastry flour and other things.
  • stephmo86
    Options
    freeze them when they're brown so you can take them out next time you want to bake.

or, make a banana boat. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-boats/ (They taste much better than they look)
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 pkt Stevia

Mix in blender.
    Drink up.
    Flex.

I was going to say this--except minus the stevia. Unless you like things super sweet no extra sweetener needed. I also like sliced bananas in my cereal.

Slice 'em longwise and put 'em with peanut butter on a sandwich for the kids. (or you.)

Slice 'em long wise and get some frozen yogurt for a healthy little banana split.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mash them and then put them in an ice cube tray to freeze.

Then you can use it in a smoothie or make ice cream out of it (frozen bananas + tiny bit of milk in a blender/food processor).
  • rl1421
    rl1421 Posts: 9
    Options
    I freeze them and us them in green smoothies. Spinach, banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt and some berries. Great for breakfast or after a run.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I freeze all fruit that is getting too ripe for immediate use and put them in my protein smoothies later. :drinker:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Anyway, like I was sayin', banana is the fruit of the jungle. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, banana-kabobs, banana creole, banana gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple banana, lemon banana, coconut banana, pepper banana, banana soup, banana stew, banana salad, banana and potatoes, banana burger, banana sandwich. That- that's about it.

Adapted from Forest Gump
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I make PB2 and banana sandwiches with them.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When mine get old, I just peel them, break them in half and freeze them in a ziploc. Then I can pull out a half banana to throw into a smoothie in the morning, or I can always thaw a couple out if I feel like baking. Quick breads are always a hassle for me though (and I'm usually a pretty good baker, so they are a real achilles heel), so I pretty much exclusively use them for smoothies and protein shakes.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I will add them to my steel cut oats!
  • Annzatgoal
    Annzatgoal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For a light dessert, chop and add them to sugar-free french vanilla pudding (made with low-fat milk). Add some chunked-up vanilla wafers, and top with Cool Whip Lite!
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    BAKED BANANAS! I absolutely adore this recipe. It seems soooo decadent!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/10/baked-bananas.html
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 pkt Stevia

Mix in blender.
    Drink up.
    Flex.

One of my favorites. I add a good bit of ice for a thick shake.
    I peel and freeze my bananas so I always have some for whatever. Very important to peel first!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    2 tbsp PB2
    1 pkt Stevia

Mix in blender.
    Drink up.
    Flex.

I agree with this! Except, I don't put Stevia in it.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For a treat cut them in 1 to 1 1/2 inch slices and freeze them. Then dip them in dark chocolate.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Banana Nut Protein Muffins:

1 cup of oatmeal processed in a blender/food processor into flour (will be less than 1 cup after you turn it into flour)
    4 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use One Titan Complete Nutrition Vanilla Bean, has 240 cal/scoop)
    1 tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites (or 12 tbs of egg beaters)
    4-5 medium bananas, ripe & mashed
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    1/2 cup of no sugar added apple sauce

Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together and add to dry ingredients. If it seems a little too thick add some sugar free applesauce or water to thin out, but batter will be lumpy. Should be the consistency of any muffin mix. Bake 10-15 +/- min depending on oven. Makes ~18 muffins. 3.1 g fat, 13. g carb (4.9g sugar), 11.4 g protein, 126 calories per muffin
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :3