Eatign Right Calories, not losing

Options
SO I am MORE than Frustrated with this whole healthy eating/exercising thing. for the past 40 days I have been eating a deficit of around 3500 a week, and I am stuck at the same weight, with a 1-2 pound fluctuation! I see some people on here who eat WAY worse than I do and they are losing hand over fist! It is so annoying! Can anyone give me tips, or explanations? I think my diary is viewable, so any advice would be GREATLY appriciated!!

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    your diary isn't public so it's hard to help you out!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    1. Are you eating a deficit of 3500 under what MFP gives you or does MFP give you the 3500 deficit? If the former, you're not eating enough.

2. What is your activity level set at? I would have sworn I was not sedentary, but when I was higher than that I didn't lose. Now I put it at sedentary and log my exercise.

3. I lose faster if carbs are under 50% (not 50 grams, but 50% of total calories).
  • nsanville
    nsanville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I thought it was public! I just fixed it :)
  • Emanuelahmed
    Options
    have you ever though of carb cycling?
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for the last three days..

You are at 1500 calories which is fine and dandy do you exercise ? If so what kind ? Walking/ jogging lifting weights etc...

Finally yours carbs are high and your body will use those first as fuel rather than fat .... So basically your body is burning what you are putting in it currently not whats stored....

My advice is set your macros a little different for example.. Instead of 50% carbs 30% protein and 20 % fat... Try to flip the carbs and protein or just do a 50% protein 30% carbs and 20 % fat

Stay away from or try to eat less of bread and grain type products and replace them with more veggies.
  • nsanville
    Options
    have you ever though of carb cycling?

Not sure what that is? I am kind of a Noob with this "Healthy" stuff
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Where's your water intake? O.o
  • nsanville
    Options
    Where's your water intake? O.o

I dont usually track my water, but I drink at least 8 cups a day, if not more
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you holding water? Maybe change one of your "columns" to sodium, to see if your sodium intake may be high.