Finishing 30DS, what next?

Options
I just started level 3 of 30DS and I'm already thinking about what I want to do next. In addition to JM's workout I take a group pilates class 2X a week. I like JM's style and that her workouts are quick. Thinking about doing Ripped in 30 and then after that maybe 6 week 6 pack. Anyone have experience with either or maybe another workout I should consider?

Replies

• Peeriegemgem
    Options
    If you want something a bit longer, I mingle Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (45 minute beasting of cardio that will leave you in a sweaty heap on the floor) with No More Trouble Zones (45 minute of strength which makes parts of me shake!) I find these are engaging, and go back to them most weeks.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I just started level 3 of 30DS and I'm already thinking about what I want to do next. In addition to JM's workout I take a group pilates class 2X a week. I like JM's style and that her workouts are quick. Thinking about doing Ripped in 30 and then after that maybe 6 week 6 pack. Anyone have experience with either or maybe another workout I should consider?

I totally recommend doing Ripped next. Mainly because that's the way I did it, so I'm probably very biased. Hahaha But, while I lost something like 4 lbs, 4 inches with 30DS, I lost another 9 inches and I think 8 or 9 lbs by following it up with Ripped. I then did one of Jillian's kickboxing DVDs (Kickbox FastFix) and just started 6W6P last Monday. I like her shorter videos, but I know that a lot of people have success with her longer ones (closer to an hour) as well. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones are two I've seen a lot of my other MFP friends do with success. Also Killer Buns & Thighs, but I think that is in the 30 minute range, not positive. I have also pre-ordered her new one, Killer Abs, which is due at my house next Tuesday. :laugh:
  • Abbieva
    Abbieva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like the 30min length because I am a stay-at-home mom and I can get it done while my son is napping or after he goes to bed. I think I might try ripped next. Is her yoga video any good. Yoga is not my favorite (I prefer pilates) but I could probably benefit form a stretch day.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ripped in 30 after completing 30ds but I've also done the kickboxing fastfix too. I have looked at some of the other DVDs but I prefer the shorter formats.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I like the 30min length because I am a stay-at-home mom and I can get it done while my son is napping or after he goes to bed. I think I might try ripped next. Is her yoga video any good. Yoga is not my favorite (I prefer pilates) but I could probably benefit form a stretch day.
    Yoga Meltdown is about 35 minutes. I've not done level 2. Well, I TRIED it once, but it was a little advanced for me. lol This isn't traditional yoga at ALL. I would say look on YouTube and see if it's on there or even a preview (I can't look on my work computer, YouTube is blocked). I like it as an additional workout, I burn close to 200 calories (per my HRM) when I do level 1, so that's cool by me. It's not easy, but it's not ridiculously difficult either, at least not level 1. There are a couple of ridiculous moves in level 2, but I don't know if I'll ever be to the point of doing those "bonus moves" as she calls them. I actually like this DVD.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I'm doing ripped in 30 after completing 30ds but I've also done the kickboxing fastfix too. I have looked at some of the other DVDs but I prefer the shorter formats.
    I love that Kickbox FastFix is literally ONLY 20 minutes, where her other "20 minute" workouts are closer to 30 minutes long. Hahaha I enjoyed the kickboxing and I will definitely throw those in the mix as "extra workouts" here and there. But I like what 30DS and RI30 did for me the most. At least prior to 6W6P, though I can't really say on this one yet since I just started it. But it's flippin' HARD. :laugh:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm moving on to Body Revolution. I crave variety!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I'm moving on to Body Revolution. I crave variety!
    That one is on my radar and I may buy it, but it's going to have to wait a little as I don't currently have the $135 to shell out for it, unfortunately.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    If 30DS wasn't too hard for you, you might consider Insanity. It's definitely a big step up but the results are amazing, and a challenge can be fun!

ETA: I got it from Craigslist for $50 and I have a friend who found it for $30, if price is a concern.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    6 Week 6 Pack is really good if you are thinking of trying that one. I also do her Kickbox Quickfix and it does wonders for target zones like your abs and arms. Haven't tried any others just yet, but I also own Jillian's Kettlbell set and it is great if you are looking to start lifting. The weights are 5, 10, and 15 so you just build up and they come with an instructional DVD that shows you what moves to do in a circuit. I love them!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just finished RI30 and started Body Revolution on 8/20. While only 30 minutes long her workouts are very effective and I don't get bored.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I started Insanity, I have heard from a lot of MFP memeber that they do 30DS then Insanity and later mix the two.
  • Abbieva
    Abbieva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not sure I want to shell out the money for insanity. I did p90x before my baby and that was WAY hard and a huge time commitment for me. How long is insanity?
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Not sure I want to shell out the money for insanity. I did p90x before my baby and that was WAY hard and a huge time commitment for me. How long is insanity?

Bump, I'd like to know too!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    It is 60 days long. 6 days a week and 30 to 60 mins of cardio intense workout. You Tube Insanity results and you will be blown away by how much people have lost and how amazing they look!