Dukan Diet

Options
Just wondering what are people's thoughts on the Dukan Diet. Has anyone here tried it? What do you think about it?

Replies

• hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thats Exactly my question right now! lets see what people here have to say about it!
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. Looked great, felt like *kitten*. My sister had the same experience with it.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know three people who have tried it. The first lost a significant amount of weight but has since gained it all back and more. The second lost a lot of weight and so far seems to be keeping it off by following the weekly "protein only" days.

The third is me! I hated it, felt sick all the time and gave up after four days. It involved eating so much meat!! I can no longer even look at cold chicken and I've gone off prawns too since doing the Dukan diet. I think you need to be very committed and ideally eat most of your meals at home, as it's pretty difficult to eat out or even make a packed lunch which only includes the right foods.

For me, it was way too restrictive and all-or-nothing, and I didn't like the side effects (no energy, feeling sick and tired, plus some other even worse effects which I won't go into here!) so I won't be trying it again. That's not to say it wouldn't work for others, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.
  • __wu
    __wu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it. Lost a lot of weight and felt great at first. Then became angry, irritable and very unsociable. I ended up binging and putting everything back on (and more). I know people that have done it and have stuck to it, its seemed to have worked - do admit they've been a tad cranky throughout ;)
  • Catonei11
    Catonei11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did in last April as my brother was getting married and I needed to fit into my dress. I thought it was fine but very restrictive and you really need to plan your meals. I lot 10 pounds in about 20 days and have put some back on...but that's becuase I love cheese, bread and red wine! I think it's good for short term things and I still eat the breakfast of fat free yogurt and oatbran most days. Basically, cutting out carbs and fat if the long term goal and Dukan helps give you a push start.
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for your feedback....can anyone please tell me how many days we have to follow each phase? like for example if i follow phase 1 for 7 days..then i m suppose to follow the rest of the 3 phases too for 7 days each???
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My friend did it, she lost weight then gained it all back. Just another faddy Atkins style diet I guess. Ok for short term but not sustainable.
  • PanMetronAriston
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I had heard similar things to what you all wrote but personal experiences are the best to hear! Good luck with your weight loss!