Why do you enjoy EXERCISING????

Options
2»

Replies

• infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I feel like I have to. Now that it is a habit it's more like a want to. Benefits of exercise less going to doctor for aches and pains, easier periods, better sleep, and endorphins help you feel good. It's a way of meditation in a way for me whether I'm outside with nature or inside on treadmill like another poster said it is time for ME. I like food too, gotta keep calories down cause metabolism doesn't cooperate as you get older. It also helps you feel more confident well-being, getting a little more toned and hopefully lose weight. I feel like I have to do it because it is how I fight off depression symptoms. Praise God.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Wow that first week I exercised, I thought to myself everyday, I really really don't want to go!!! Now I love it. I have a very very hard time sleeping at night. Since I've been exercising, no more problems :wink: Everytime I'm doing an exercise I feel like is killing me, I think about my bathing suit :laugh: So I guess the thing I'm liking most is picturing my results from doing it.
  • sunshine26
    Options
    Wow that first week I exercised, I thought to myself everyday, I really really don't want to go!!! Now I love it. I have a very very hard time sleeping at night. Since I've been exercising, no more problems :wink: Everytime I'm doing an exercise I feel like is killing me, I think about my bathing suit :laugh: So I guess the thing I'm liking most is picturing my results from doing it.

Thats a great motivation thinking of your bathing suit, I'm going to do that!
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    Its weird, but I love that sore feeling the next morning. I feel like I actually accomplished something the day before!!

Oh, and the peppy post workout mood!! Dancing to my music in the car on the way home from the gym is a great punctuation on the day.
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    I enjoy exercising because I enjoy FOOD! Extra calories at the end of the day is my motivation. Even though I usually come in under my calorie goal, just knowing that I have a little wiggle room keeps me from freaking out. And it pays off!

Me too!!! The love of cookies is strong in this one!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Glad you had a good workout!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    for me it's simple:

exercise = self esteem :glasses:
  • sunshine26
    Options
    Glad you had a good workout!!
    Thank you
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I despise exercise, but did do 2 hours of cardio todaY! Managed to get through it by exercising in front of the TV with my favourite programme on. :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I love working out - love pouring in sweat cuz it makes me feel accomplished like i've done something challenging for the day and when I'm doing all those kick, jabs I feel like a tough chick!
    Of course looking in the mirror after is a great feeling when u start seeing results!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I love working out (mostly walking or jogging) because it makes me feel good. It's like a natural high, and I really enjoy it. I especially like walking/jogging outside to get a little sun and enjoy the trees and sky and little animals. It also helps me fall asleep faster, wake up easier, and not be as affected by my depression. All around, I just love how I feel when I exercise.
  • sunshine26
    Options
    I love working out (mostly walking or jogging) because it makes me feel good. It's like a natural high, and I really enjoy it. I especially like walking/jogging outside to get a little sun and enjoy the trees and sky and little animals. It also helps me fall asleep faster, wake up easier, and not be as affected by my depression. All around, I just love how I feel when I exercise.
    Exercise is the best medicine !
  • taylor82
    Options
    Exercising has become adictive to me, lol. Walking everyday is a physical and emotional cleaning, I feel so much better afterwards. My walk is up a small mountain and nothing makes me feel so powerful and strong as turning back to head home and seeing all the path that I had walked! I asked this question several times before and could never understand why people would do that. I would say "Poor women, smashing themselves all day for just something so silly as being pretty" now I say "Poor women who don't know the joy of getting that heart pumping that the wonderful feeling after your done with your routine!"