USADA vs Lance Armstrong: What are your thoughts?

Options
bsix3
bsix3 Posts: 291
I've found this to be a tough one in which to take a side...I don't think there are any sides. It seems to be a vicious cycle of accusations and denials and accusations and denials. To go with the USADA, to me, means suspending belief in the science of drug testing. To go with Armstrong means going out on a limb with an athlete who is easy to admire as a person but who excelled in a sport where it seems half of the competitors were cheating.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It is, indeed, a hard one. But, I have to say this: If Lance Armstrong was NOT doping, then why NOT go to arbitration? Also...I find it extremely hard to believe that Armstrong WASN'T doping. How do you fight cancer and vigorously train for the Tour de France at the same time? AND WIN???

If he was illegally doping, then his accomplishments are tainted.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    It is, indeed, a hard one. But, I have to say this: If Lance Armstrong was NOT doping, then why NOT go to arbitration? Also...I find it extremely hard to believe that Armstrong WASN'T doping. How do you fight cancer and vigorously train for the Tour de France at the same time? AND WIN???

If he was illegally doping, then his accomplishments are tainted.

Excellent point.