79 LBS down Finally looked at my Before and After

Options
My journey to weight loss started in May 2010 after giving birth to my second son. I was actually in the process of losing for the umpteenth time in my life when I found out I was pregnant. So...in light of that, I started my pregnancy at a higher than "normal" weight and wasn't overly cautious of gaining during my 9 months. In the end, after my son was born I was the highest I had ever been in my life. Everyone told me that breastfeeding helps shed pounds so I figured I would see consistent loss right out of the gate since I was nursing, I wasn't expecting miracles but I thought I'd see SOMETHING. On the day I checked out of the hospital I was 230 lbs. 3 months later when I had to return to work, I was still 230 lbs, nursing like a milk machine and the scale hadn't budged. I knew it was time to do something so on May 19, 2010 I joined Weight Watchers. By April 2011 I had reached my goal weight of 165 lbs and decided to keep losing and in August 2011 I finally saw 151 lbs on the scale, over a 75 loss. Unfortunately, I got so "comfortable" that I stopped paying attention and let some of my bad habits slip back in. The change wasn't overnight but some of the weight slowly started coming back, clothes were getting tighter. I was still weighing in at Weight Watchers at "goal" because I had set it at 165 but I wasn't happy with the weight coming back, I was terrified of gaining it all back and that was when I came back to my fitness pal. While Weight Watchers had worked, and I love it, I needed some more. MFP is where I learned the importance of working out. My initial loss had been achieved with essentially diet alone, with maybe the occasional walk here or there. On May 21, 2012 I weighed in at 169, an 18 lb gain and I decided to get serious. I started tracking EVERY BITE OR SIP on MFP and I started working out, Jillian Michaels 30 Shred and 6 week six pack and the pounds came back off, fast AND even though I got to the same weight I was last summer, I was wearing a smaller size. All the clothes that had started to get tight were now loose and baggy. A few weeks ago I weighed in at 147! I lost the 18lbs plus 4 more, and instead of the size 8 I was in last summer I am in a very loose 6/snug 4!!! I have NEVER worn a 4 in my life. I decided to do before and after pics because I have maintained my lifetime membership with Weight Watchers and they are doing a success stories contest that I want to enter. I am going to take a different after pic because I don't want to use a self-pic in the contest but this is what I have put together. When I look at the before I can't believe that was me! And I am committed more then ever to never going back!

Before - 230lbs Size 20 After - 147lbs Size 4/6

th_beforeandafter1-1.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!