(American/Country version) Chinese Casserole

Options
GeekGirl23
GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
This is a dish that my dad would make for us growing up but I made it healthy by subbing white for brown rice, reduced soduim/fat cream soup (you can use musshroom instead of chicken if you prefer) and Ground turkey instead of beef. I think the only reason my dad calls is a "Chinese Casserole" is because of the crispy noodles. This makes enough for 6-8 servings... enjoy!!

Chinese Casserole:
1/2-1 lb ground turkey (You can add in onions. We use Onion onion from tastefully simple)
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup (1 can full of water)
2 cups brown rice
handful or 2 of Crispy noodles (La Choy)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish you put rice, soup and water together, stir together, place on middle oven rack for 20-25 mins. Ground turkey add onion if you'd like, then when rice time is done you sitr the rice then you sprinkle the ground turkey on top of the rice mixture and then sprinkle the noodles on top of that. Put in the oven for another 10-15 mins for the noodles to slightly brown.

I also put corn or steamed broccoli of the top when I dish it out.

Replies

• DeeMiss
    DeeMiss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This sounds good, I am going to have to try it!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to add a little more water because of the brown rice that's why it's good to check it about 10 mins in... but anyone who has baked brown rice can testify to you pretty much need to
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds good.