need healthy lunch ideas

Options
I am always on the look out for new ideas for lunches. Since I am at work it needs to be either ready to eat, or microwaveable, it can also need to be kept in a small dorm room sized fridge).
i get on kicks where i can eat the same thing day after day,
for a while i was eating a tuna fish salad sandwich with a string cheese (i am a big time snacker so my meals themselves are not huge). but lately the idea of eating tuna fish makes me want to gag.
on occasion i will bring in left overs from the night before (if my husband didnt eat all of them).
i do have smartones (tv dinners) on occasion, but those are my back up options.
today i had a turkey and cheese sandwhich (which is actually what my husband brings for lunch) and i just felt a little disappointed with it. (i also had cheese curls-cause i love them!!!)
any suggestions are welcome. oh another thing, i dont like soup (it does not fill me up) and im not a fan of salads. (i am making this a challenge). maybe i should stop being stubborn and try soup again.

Replies

• krysrda
    krysrda Posts: 1
    Options
    Try raw sugar snap peas, baby carrots & jicama sticks dipped (lightly) in light dressing (I like honey dijon) lots of chewing, fills me up & fits in small places. Not an actual "salad" can also add grilled chicken breast or hard boiled egg! Best of luck, K:wink:
  • rosemarypepper
    rosemarypepper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    quinoa is super dope. you can make a lot at once and bring it for lunch. it fills me up v fast.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs and veggies with nuts!! You can do some rollups with lunchmeat and cheese...throw together a tupperware of black beans (or whatever you prefer), mexicorn and toss it on a wrap with some bell peppers, onions and sour cream-yum!
  • tklesatz
    tklesatz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    garden salad with broiled/seasoned chicken breast chopped into it. Salad in one container. Chicken in another. Dressing in another. Just put together and eat. Simple. No microwave needed.

roll ups/wrap sandwiches on whole grain fajita style tortillas are great too. Just make sure you fill them with healthy stuff!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I basically have salads every day for lunch with a protein that doesn't need to be heated. Last week I did a southwest salad (Black beans, corn, romaine lettuce, shredded cheese, scallions, peppers, w/ a Cilantro Vinegarette). I also like to do spinach salads with feta, tomatoes and grilled chicken. THese are nice with Ken's SteakHouse Light Raspberry Walnut or Northern Italian dressings. Salads can really be very different on a day to day basis if you vary the toppings, dressings, protein.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    By Morning star Vegan "meat patties" pop 1 or two in microwave add a little salsa to them eat them... Lo cal filling lunch .. Many different flavors..

I like spicy black bean burger tastes like I am eating a taco.