Just joined - hoping to lose about 60 pounds!

Hi everyone,

I just found this site, I've used weight watchers before with some sucess, but I wanted to try something different. I found this app for my phone so I decided to try it out. I'd love to find some friends to work with in both diet and excersize motivation (I'm actually good with the excersize, diet not so much!).

I have 5 kids including the husband. The oldest is in college, the youngest starts kindergarten on Friday. I'd love to find some friends for motivation, recipe's Etc (and to help figure out this site).

Kirsten

Replies

• Luvmykurvs
    Luvmykurvs Posts: 16 Member
    I'll be sending you a friend request:)
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Hi I just joined myself a couple of days ago and I am looking to lose 85 lbs. Could really use some friends for motivation also!. Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    I've tried Weight Watchers and I like this site better, it does a better job of teaching you how to eat better than WW does, I feel.

I only have one child, but he is starting kindergarten soon as well. Sending you a friend request!
  • yc46
    yc46 Posts: 10
    I have 25 lbs to lose; no kids at home, all are grown. I am a 2X cancer survivor recently in remission with breast cancer. I don't think about the 25 lbs I need to lose; I only think about it in smaller amounts such as 2-3 lbs at a time. I believe I would get frustrated if I looked at the big picture. This website is amazing. It keeps me honest by entering my food intake after each meal. Stay with it and you'll succeed. And, of course, you know it will take time. Read some of the other posts by people who have been a member for six months or so.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    welcome and good luck! feel free to add if you want.