Hi from Louisiana

Options
Hi everyone,

I am from Louisiana. I am the mother of one little boy,. I am engaged to be married in June. I am looking t fit into a smaller wedding gown.

Replies

• lanis383
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. What a great goal...... YOU CAN DO IT!
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm from Louisiana too, near the Baton Rouge area. I'm getting married in September, so it seems we're here for the same reasons. Good luck!!
  • melturn
    Options
    Hi,
    Mel from U.K. here.Congrats on your upcoming wedding.You can do it!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Louisiana too. I'm closer to New Orleans.
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello, hello. I'm going to Louisiana next week for my first time; checking out New Orleans. Should be interesting as I'm from AZ. Hehe.
  • krystlbear
    Options
    Thank You everyone.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What part of Louisiana are you from?
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im in louisiana too...houma, thibodaux area
  • InasShabazz
    InasShabazz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :happy: PEACE from Philly. . . . I am ready to be the biggest looser how about you?
  • Lovemylife67
    Lovemylife67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Good luck on your adventure! You'll do great!! :smile:
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)

Good luck!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm glad u decided to join MFP and don't worry from now until June is plenty of time to lose some weight. And if you do this right you may get close to your goals. Some tips I'd like to give you, and please try to take them seriously are:
    1. Water - drink lots n lots of it (atleast 8 cups a day) - how I do it? buy a 24oz water bottle and fill it 3x a dday for a total of 9 cups
    2. Exercise is Key! - the weight won't come off unless you exercise, find something u like like walking runnin, dancing, etc and stick to it atleast 3 - 5x a week.
    3. Don't weigh urself everyday - ur weight fluctuates a lot and it can be discouraging seeing the numbers go up and down. Try to only step on the scale once a month or every few wees.
    4. Don't let one cheat meal turn into a cheat day, or cheat week! Everyone deserves a treat once in a while, but make it measurable and set it to to where its not a trigger food that will cause u to keep over eating.
    5. Don't give up - everyone has some bad days but never stop trying.

Good luck :flowerforyou: