Runners/Walkers... Blisters?

Options
I did an 8 mile walk yesterday, which felt GREAT except for my dumb feet getting blisters. I was wearing my New Balance walking shoes. Seriously, I was not tired at all, and my feet themselves didn't hurt. I just got blisters which are killing me today.

Any suggestions on preventing them in the future?

Replies

• TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    Purchase some dri fit walking socks. They help me.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Body glide works great!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Buy athletic socks to start and if that doesn't work, get fitted for new shoes. Go to an actual store that specializes in running/walking. They measure your foot, watch you walk, etc. I did that last week and it made a HUGE difference!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was getting blisters under my toes from running until I got some running socks. I can't remember what they're made out of, but it's not cotton. I got them at a specialty running store and I haven't gotten a blister since!
  • juliebean101
    juliebean101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thorlo socks! You can get them at Hibbet sporting goods stores. They saved my feet!!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    new socks helped me tremendously
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Vaseline/body glide all over your feet prior to long distances - I have also found that 'double-layer' socks are amazing - the layers rub together instead of rubbing your feet. I use these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wrightsock-Womens-Coolmesh-Low-Cut-Quarter/dp/B0020ML08M/ref=sr_1_13?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1346086473&sr=1-13&keywords=wrightsock
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I love the product Blister Block by Band Aid. It comes in a little stick and you roll it on. I carry it in my purse at all times. :)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great to know. Thanks guys!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Socks Socks Socks the first thing no cotton no stretched out socks I have synthetic and wool blends I use running shoes not walkers tie them so they dont slide around but not so tight that circulation is a problem
    I did 8.25 miles yesterday first time for me at that distance and today my legs are sore my butt hurts hammys are tight but no foot problems or blisters
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous posts...

First option should be shoes that fit properly.
    Second option is good socks.
    Third is body glide or trislide.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Given your feet aren't likely to be used to that level of activity. Aside from what others have said.. Fresh change of shoes/sox before and after the walk. Are the shoes new too? That usually does it for me?

Aside from that nothing to be done except heal up and maybe not tax yourself so much going forward until your feet are more used to that level of activity. :)