Weekend exercising

Options
I am having so much trouble getting into the habit of exercising on the weekend. I am cleaning house, doing laundry, seeing family especially my dad, so exercising just never enters my mind.

I workout five days a week, but weekends I just stop.

Am I okay, or do I really need to force myself to do something?

Replies

• origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    But you are doing a calorie-burning activity (just check out the logs), we just don't always think of it as "exercise". If it makes you feel better, take a nice walk with family or do a yard game that makes activity fun for the family.
  • phdcharlie
    Options
    You are ok. Everybody needs rest days and you are keeping busy on the weekends. Just keep doing your best!
  • samiramom
    samiramom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One of the ways I determine if I need to exercise on the weekend is if I need the extra calories! You have a lot going on so you should be counting those calories burned. As long as you stay within your calorie range for Saturday and Sunday, then taking the weekend off is just fine!! Enjoy it! You certainly deserve it!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    When I first joined my gym (last January)I was only exercising Monday -Friday. But now that it's been nice out and I've been outside instead, most weeks I'm doing something (walk, run, bike ride) every day. I look forward to every Sunday morning now cause my boyfriend and I go for a run. Sometimes I'll take Saturday off or if I know we're going out somewhere or I'm not 100% sure of calories due to his family or mine, making a meal I'll throw in a quick run Saturday just to make myself feel better.

There is no problem taking a weekend off though at all! If you want to, go for it. It's not like you're seating around doing nothing all weekend :smile:
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I did some serious work in the garden both yesterday and today.....previously wouldn't have thought of it as exercise desite the sweating and aching....however now I log it.....I worked hard!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If you are cleaning house...then you are burning calories. The intensity of your cleaning is something you may want to up. For me I have taken to cleaning my bathroom like it is life and death...lol. I scrub my bathtub like I am mad at it and I work up a sweat that definitely makes me feel like I have been running on the treadmill. Anything that gets your heart rate up is good for you. If you are working out religiously during the work week then don't be too hard on yourself, especially if you are continuing to make good food choices over the weekend. That is my problem I always seem to go calorie crazy Friday-Sunday.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking rest days!