1200 calorie a day people

Options

Replies

• cherryhazelnuts
    Options
    I'm just beginning to start my 1,200 calorie diet - I have 34lbs to lose!

I wish all of you guys 'good luck' in your weight loss journey!
  • jelben
    jelben Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved that show! And the recipes looked fantastic!
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and then eat back about 1/2 my exercise calories, which gives me 100-200 more, depending on the day. I lost the first 54 pound pretty steadily and then hit a six-week plateau. I didn't change my food, but increased my exercise and started losing again (as of last week).
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    How many others are out there besides me?? I'm tired of people telling me i dont eat enough so forth and so on. My DOCTOR and NUTRITIONIST put me on a 1200 calorie diet. The last time I was on a 1200 calorie diet I lost 150 lbs!!! The only reason I gained it back was because I got pregnant with my daughter. Anyways how many other 1200 calorie dieters are out there????

hi !!!! i use 1200 calorie diet, i feel great!!! that help me a lot, when i go out, because when i see the menu, i look for the salads or soups so that make eat less than others things.

Continue what you doing always watch the balance on the foods
  • misskaseyp
    misskaseyp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! It really does help to lose the weight. You start to find out how many veggies you are allowed to eat on a 1200 calorie/day diet. It ends up not being worth it to eat a piece of a cookie when you waste the calories and still are starving.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    So a 1200 calories per day diet causes 150 lbs of pregnancy weight gain? Seems like a sound nutrition plan to me!
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I'm at 1200-1300, it was hard at first now its hard to get to that some days!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Are we talking net or gross? I am set at 1200 but eat 1200 net calories. If that was my gross calorie limit I would pass out. I always get confused when people on here talk about 1200 calories because they don't specify net or gross. Two total opposite ways of looking at your calorie intake.
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am on 1220, so I am throwing myself in here! :) It's a bit hard, especially since I am quite fond of...food....

But I am managing and I am not insane. Just want to feel a bit healthier with my BMI ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I was on 1200 and lost a lot of weight in the beginning, then plateaued. I increased to 1650 and started losing again. I eat 1550 now and eat back at least half of my exercise. My mood improved, I'm stronger, and have more energy.

I don't put much stock in "starvation mode" but I certainly do not believe weight loss is something that can or should be done quickly.
  • Jebketter
    Jebketter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on 1200 calorie a day almost 2 months ago. I have lost 20 pounds and lots of inches. I find water is a great filler when i think I need to eat. Works wonders, plus it helps flush the system.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I stay between 1200-1400 calories a day. With exercise I lose 1-1.5 pounds a week. With not much exercise I lose 0.5 pounds a week.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 calorie a day person here! Add me!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I started MFP at 1200 until I reached my goal weight.

In the beginning it took me a while to get use to eating so little. 1200 comes pretty fast. Had to retrain my brain what to eat. But after 6 months I hit my goal weight and I bumped it to 1550 and I felt like I was eating too much...haha.

@ 1200 net calories, I lost 25 lbs in 6 months
    @ 1550 net calories, I gained back 5 lbs in 8 months.

I dropped myself back to 1200 to lose that 5 lbs again. Once there I will probably go to 1500 even and see if that levels out my weight long term.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 cals a day! At 46, 5'8", I weighed 204 lbs. when I started in March and have lost almost 50 lbs since then. They are the healthiest calories I can ingest, and lots of water! Some days I go over by 200 cals or I might take a BITE of an off -diet food as a treat, but until I get to 145 lbs this has been working for me - I'm just so happy that I could lose the weight I'd gained at mt age!!! I know I can keep it off, I just had to retrain myself about PORTION CONTROL! Found I really didn;t need as many calories as I was ingesting to get through a day, wow:noway:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    How many others are out there besides me?? I'm tired of people telling me i dont eat enough so forth and so on. My DOCTOR and NUTRITIONIST put me on a 1200 calorie diet. The last time I was on a 1200 calorie diet I lost 150 lbs!!! The only reason I gained it back was because I got pregnant with my daughter. Anyways how many other 1200 calorie dieters are out there????
    Yup. I don't make my eating habits anyone else's business, so no one says anything about it. My MFP friends can see my diary and none of them has ever said anything about it, except that if I work out I can eat more, which is obviously true.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I should be on 1500, but I still stay around 1200. I NEED to up my calories as I have stalled. But I do think 1200 can work for some. We are all diffferent and what works for one may not be right for the next. As long as you're getting 1200 of healthy calories - who cares what anyone says!!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How many others are out there besides me?? I'm tired of people telling me i dont eat enough so forth and so on. My DOCTOR and NUTRITIONIST put me on a 1200 calorie diet.

^^Me too. I'm a shorty and diabetic. My illness is fully controlled by diet and exercise. It will be 4 years this September that I was disgnosed and have never had to take medication. Obviously, this IS working for ME!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I should be on 1500, but I still stay around 1200. I NEED to up my calories as I have stalled. But I do think 1200 can work for some. We are all diffferent and what works for one may not be right for the next. As long as you're getting 1200 of healthy calories - who cares what anyone says!!

rock solid reasoning here
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a 1200 calorie a day diet. I cycle my calories (not daily but weekly). I find that if i hit a bump in the road i drop down to 1200 and make sure I'm very light on carbs/high on protein then when that stalls out, I switch back to 1500 or so a day. It keeps the weight dropping :) And yes, I was in the same boat. Totally critisized for eating too little but that's how I lost almost 100lbs (I gained back around 30 with pregnancy but have lost almost 20 of that).