30 day shred

Options
I've seen a lot of posts about 30 day shred.. does it really work that good? I'm trying to find something to help me lose weight.

Replies

• 614kristaaa
    Options
    Yes! It's a very good workout, especially to start with.
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    Okay, thanks. If I get up early enough tomorrow I'll try it before I have to go to class!
  • 614kristaaa
    Options
    Be prepared! I did two days and had to stop to recover before I could restart. I couldn't move any muscle in my body without being in pain! It was torture trying to squat to go pee or get in and out of bed or sit down/stand up. If you've been working out already, that might not be an issue. I've seen so many other women who have the same experience at the start of 30 Day Shred. Haha:)
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    Haha, as long as it works. I need to find a workout that actually works.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it this morning. I'm thinking of adding it onto my normal workouts for an extra punch. It's only 20 minutes so I think anyone can fit that in!
  • collarbonesfor2011
    Options
    I did it for about 23 days, before I ended up going through a workout lull. Just when you get comfortable with the level, you're on the next one, and that can be brutal. Personally, I saw the results I wanted with it and lost inches where I needed/wanted to. I'd definitely recommend it to start with. I'm on my second day of Insanity right now, and in comparison, 30DS is nothing, but it prepared me well!
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    I think I'm going to try it in the morning... It'll have to be early though but I'm going to try. A friend told me to try zumba as well.
  • eekko
    eekko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its my day two, I am doing it early morning before I go to work. It is very intense, specially because i haven't been physically active for a long time. Hoping to see good results in thirty days. But i really need to clean up my diet too
  • sumirehana
    Options
    I've tried 30-Day Shred before and as a complete beginner, it left me sore the next 2 days. It was tough at first, but you get the hang of it after a while.. :) It might not be effective for advanced exercisers, but it's perfect to start with! It actually prepared me for Ripped in 30. Good luck Tiffany, and to others starting with the 30DS!
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Hi! :D I started the 30-day shred last week now, and I'm feeling so much more energised and awake :) It's tough, but I love doing something that I know will make a difference- as most have said, there are tons of before and after pictures on the site so just do a little searching to see what it can do :)
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the first level, found it much easier today but the first couple of days were hell! Kept getting dizzy spells! But, it is easier now...its intense!
  • ShanniLee
    Options
    Just did Day 1 today!! I woke up an hour and a half early today to work out and pack a healthy lunch!!! Which is very shocking if you know me cause I am NOT a morning person !!! lol but I am determined this time around to do what's best for me and my body!!!
  • Tsakahawie
    Options
    I planned to start this today but i am sick :( I can barely breath as it is lol Hopefully with good eating and a little rest today tomorrow I will wake up and get right to it!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I completed all 3 levels and lost a substantial amount of inches, especially in my thighs, butt, and abs. It killed me for the first 2 days, and I had a hard time sitting for a few days after the first 2 workouts. Those squats and lunges are killer!! It really is a great workout. Stick with it, and it will prepare you for something harder, like insanity.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout! The first few days will make you sore as hell, but it's worth it!! Zumba is great too! Burns a lot of calories, you get a good workout and it's fun!!

Good Luck!
  • mvswatt
    mvswatt Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started this past weekend! Everyone's post are true the first few days you will be SORE to say the least but you will see that your endurance will improve as you go on. I think I will continue my 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill along with this.:smile:
  • TroJon
    TroJon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hope you guys realise there are a lot of available free diets/trends/materials available online (personally I think work a hell of a lot better than this one).

Sometimes YouTube can be really fun if you follow the right people/personas also.

Would like to introduce HodgeTwins // Fasting Twins (Intermittent Fasting) channel - it makes it fun to watch and you get keen on their updates. Funny as hell and motivational.

They have a training channel also.
  • DewlyNoted
    Options
    Just ordered this today and will hopefully start Wed when it arrives. I'm ready to sweat off the rest of this weight and tighten everything more.

Good Luck everyone! :)
  • cathy139
    Options
    Well, I read this thread earlier this afternoon and decided to have a go - have just done the first day of level 1 (using the videos on YouTube) Strength - no problem, abs- no problem. Cardio - yuck! I didn't really have a problem with getting breathless, just my lack of 'bounce'. Hopefully that will improve as my legs muscles get stronger! (If I manage to keep motivated to keep going...)

Measurements and photos taken - measurements may be put on here if I finish the course, photos won't! :embarassed:
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have had this DVD for awhile. I never did it with any consistence. Once I saw the before and after pictures I was motivated to stick with the 30 plan. Today will be day 3 and it is a great 20 minute work out that I can do before or after work. I am really looking forward to the end result!