Sports bras for "well-endowed" women

Options
Has anyone had any luck in finding a good sports bra for those of us who are "well-endowed"? I started wearing a bra when I was about 11, and I've always been more than ample, and when I lose weight, I swear that my boobs hang on for dear life and are the last to go! Anyway, I've recently begun adding some classes, such as Zumba, to my work-out routine, and for those who are bustier, you'll understand when I say I really need a good sports bra to keep from getting black eyes during my routine. I've had trouble finding a sports bra that will fit over me and not ride up from being too small. Any suggestions out there?

Replies

• kul2rshk
    Options
    Depending on where you live, go to a specialty bra shop where you get your normal bras and they should have a selection on sports bras. Maybe not a huge selection but definitely some underwire and non underwire bras. They will be a bit more then a sports bra from say Wal-Mart, but they are built to last and they will go through the process of fitting you for the correct size.
  • TosaDana
    TosaDana Posts: 47
    Options
    There is a website (and catalog) called Athleta - their sports bras are on the pricey side, but they have them for bustier women and also rate them by the type of exercise they are made for. Worth a look!
  • Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    you could go to a speciality shop, but what I have to do as I can't afford the ones from the speciality shops wear a bar under the sports bra and then you will have the support that you need for your workout. hope that helps have fun
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Under Armor has a full coverage sports bra that I LOVE. My chest doesn't move at all. It may be pricey a $45 but if it works I have no problem spending that money. It is well worth it!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. As a 36 DDD (F?) no one makes bras in my size. I usually have to buy either a 38 DDD and have it altered or look for generous 36 DD or one with some serious give in the cups.
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My sports bra is a Freya Active... which are supposedly made for the larger chested woman. But I find it doesn't give me as much support as I want, and need to wear another bra in 1 cup size smaller under it... and it's good!

Good luck, if you find a good one, let me know!!
  • lessoff
    lessoff Posts: 19
    Options
    i am not sure where you live but if you are in the united states i suggest champion brand, get the medium support (ive never seen a higher support) but they keep them from moving. if im having a super sensitive boob day i wear two sport bras (or my normal bra with my sports bra on top. (i just purchased a new champion bra for 30 bucks from kohls, not on sale)
    ive seen the under armour and couldnt jusitfy the price.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I have heard from runners that this is the best sports bra out there for top heavy women such as ourselves, although I havent been able to get myself one yet.

http://www.enell.com/

They do sell them in various stores so you can go try one on rather than ordering from online and wonder if it will fit right or not.
  • MonaMel01
    Options
    I order bras from www.onehanesplace.com
    They have good deals on bras and I buy them when they are $15 or lower. Hard to get DDD's anywhere else I've found.
    As for sports bras, I never wear just a sports bra. It's no help at all if your chesty plus I hate the "uniboob". I always get a very supportive bra then just buy sports bras that are a size smaler at WalMart to wear over my bra. Helps keep things in order for me.
    I'm also glad that I don't lose much size in my chest when I lose weight. It's one of the only things I have going for me!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Fioana style..by moving comfort.. they get mashed a bit..but they don't give me black eyes..which is a plus:laugh: .. pretty reasonable too..under 30...on amazon :love:
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have heard from runners that this is the best sports bra out there for top heavy women such as ourselves, although I havent been able to get myself one yet.

http://www.enell.com/

They do sell them in various stores so you can go try one on rather than ordering from online and wonder if it will fit right or not.

I just got mine on Friday, I ordered it from Amazon. I haven't had a chance to use it at Zumba yet, but I did put it on and I absolutely love it. It keeps everything in place (even when jumping) and somehow manages to take the stress off of my shoulders and back. My first thought after wearing it for a bit was "hmmm... may I really should consider a reduction!" because my back and shoulders felt so much better. I'll be wearing it at Zumba tonight and I'm hoping it makes it easier to participate in all the bouncing.
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LIVE by the Under Armour Armour Bra. It's amazing.
  • TMcSter
    TMcSter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I need a good one!
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    They're based in the UK but they do ship internationally - Bravissimo - go to their website, they have amazing sports bras and regular bras for us well endowed gals. My favorite brand is called Shock Absorber and they have a load of different styles and colors.
  • djc1977
    djc1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Enell. They are one of Oprah's favorite things :)
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Check out Champion.com. They are having a sale on their sports bras right now. There are some listed as 'high impact' and larger sizes also. Good luck.
    I know it's a pain to find the right one!
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Thanks for posting! Will check these out! I used to wear two sportsbras, but it was so tight and uncomfortable. Would much prefer to invest in a good one that I can wear on its own.
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a while but I have found several that work very well for me. I do zumba 7 days a week and also participate in half marathons. So, with that said i need a really good sports bra since I am a 36G. My favorites in order are:

Wacoal Sport(underwired)--you can find these sports bras at Nordstrom and Dillards

Shock Absorber Level 4(not underwired)-Figleaves.com- a lot of readers say to go up in the band size but I did not and it is snug but fits well.

Freya Active- You can purchase this bra at Nordstrom, Intimacy Lingerie store, or Figleaves.com

Sometimes if I feel I am going to be going at the exercise for hours or on days I feel like I might need a little more support I wear a Target champion bra over the ones I listed. This ensures I do not move an inch and i very comfortable. I have added where you can find these bras. Herroom.com also has a lot of choices for sports bras.
  • GeekMom17
    Options
    I use 2 bras usually. Just to keep them from bouncing. I sometimes put on a regular bra and then 2 sports bras. I don't know what size I am now (Maybe an E or F) but when I started I was a J cup.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Glamorise Double Layer Wirefree Sports Bra
    Style: 23664
    Average Customer Rating: 4.3 out of 5
    Price: $51.99

I'm a 44DD - those babies don't move. Best one I've found so far.