OMG!!!! I can't get on track

Options
This is day 2 for me and i'm over on my carbs by -32 that's including all of my meals for the day. I still have
about 300 cals left for the day. I really need meals that are low protein so that i can stop going over. Any advice
would really help. Thanks

Replies

• lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. it's not as important as you may think. I can give you a very long biochemical explanation for it (glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, TCA cycle, B-oxidation, transaminase reactions, etc....) or you can just take my word for it. :happy:

Good luck.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I pretty much focus on calories and fat. I try to make sure I get enough protein. I don't pay much attention to carbs at all.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You mentioned you were over on Carbs then asked for low protein ideas?? did you go over on carbs or Protein? if protein don't worry the MFP default is pretty low.
  • Luciej
    Luciej Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't get yourself all worked up. Eventually you will start seeing changes that happen overnight almost.:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    On the carbs thing. Try to eliminate refined sugar. There are carbs in everything (almost). The refined sugars will cause you lots of problems.

On the Protein. As someone above mentioned the default settings are low - IF you are doing strength training and/or lots of cardio.

But I do think it is important to strive for the optimum combinations.

In two days, you can't be expected to get those numbers to "match". This is a process of learning what foods you like in what combinations that will get you close to the recommendations. It takes time, you will learn a lot by trial and error.

Many people log their food for the entire day beforehand. Then you have time to play with the combinations to get closer to what you desire.

Do what you can for now and please don't beat yourself up over it. It is a learning process - and a lifelong one! No one gets it right all the time.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use the diary as a guideline. It helps you notice how many calories are in certain foods so that you can educate yourself and train your mind to pay attention to what you are eating. I am usually over by a little bit, but I dont worry since the FDA reccommends a 2,000 calorie diet and my fitness pal is saying my limit is 1,200. I am not going to starve myself, but just learn what is good and what is bad. Sometimes it is unbelievable how many calories are in certain foods!! It has also helped me to account for every bite I take of anything. I exersize more since I have a place to track my weightloss. I think exersize is the key and if you are regularly exersizing you will not want to eat things that are really bad for you. :drinker:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Listen to CMRiverside. She's been a huge support for me since I joined MFP over 2 years ago! :) When you pick carbs try to pick "non white" carbs. Brown rice instead of white, wheat pasta instead of regular, etc. Make sure you watch portion size when it comes to starches. When you're looking at your plate with 4 oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of brown rice and think, "Dear God! This is never going to satisfy me!" remember that you can eat a lot of veggies for very few calories! If you like sandwiches try using flat bread or pitas instead of bread. There are also low fiber tortillas and breads out there. Sometimes I'm over, sometimes I'm under. I try to stay as close as I can to what MFP tells me but I'm always over on protein. Over time, with trying different combinations of foods and recipes, you'll find that you've got it down! Good luck and be sure you use MFP any time you need support! :)
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I feel much better. By the way, i meant to say i was over on protein not carbs.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    you only have 300 calories left for the day? What will you eat for lunch, dinner, and snack
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Listen to CMRiverside. She's been a huge support for me since I joined MFP over 2 years ago! :)

Kristie aw shucks shylookingdown.gif

.....from your mouth to God's ear.

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I feel much better. By the way, i meant to say i was over on protein not carbs.

I don't care if I go over protein a little, it is good for you. I try to keep it in balance but don't stress. Stress always shows in the scale. At least for me it does.