Tapout XT Team

Options
Anybody else out there crazy enough to tackle Tapout XT? I just got my copy and I'll be starting Saturday but I wanted to know how everyone's progress is going.

Any ideas on how to log the workout will be helpful as well. Feel free to add me....I know i'll need the support. haha!

#BattleMode

Replies

• plcalways
    plcalways Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Tapout XT on Sunday. The workouts are hard but I'm enjoying it and looking forward to results in a few months. How is it going for you?
  • alexandra0713
    alexandra0713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got the set 2 weeks ago, and I've done week 1. Due to a trip this week, I think I'm going to start week 1 again next week. I log the workouts with a heart rate monitor.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mine is supposed to be coming in the mail today! Can't wait to start my first workout when I get home from work! I use a HRM to log my exercise calories, but I suppose you could use "Circuit Training" in the index?
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just finished Tapout. Really enjoyed doing it. Did not lose any weight but lost some inches. I upped my calories just after I started because I wanted to build some muscle. It was very successful there!

I used my HRM for calories burned and time and just created a custom exercise (tap out) under cardio vascular. Then in the notes I wrote which workout, average heart rate and max heart rate.
  • dtenzie
    dtenzie Posts: 24
    Options
    I will be doing TapOut XT once I finish Insanity and Insanity's "Asylum" (90 days from now). Good luck!!!
  • MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 and love it i lost 6lbs so far .. Its hard but really fun best way is to use a HRM...Good luck!!!
  • mzu9142
    mzu9142 Posts: 6
    Options
    this is my 3rd week of tapout xt i do this workout after work with a couple co-workers and one of our Dr.'s here. it is one crazy workout ive done pretty good so far excited to see my 90 day results first 10 days i was down 5lbs and about 5 inches total all over.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity now...then will do either Insanity Asylum or Tapout XT. Either way it's on my list.
    It's good to see there are other gluttons for punishment :D
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X but want to do that Tapout XT after. Has anyone done the muay thai workout yet? If so, are you actullay learning the moves or what..? Any help would be appreciated since there isn't much out there on it compared to insanity/P90X. If I had heard about this before I started P90X I would have started with this. :)

I also have two free passes to The Lab (where Ben Henderson trains) and am thinking of taking bjj or muay thai but want to get myself in a little better shape before I take an actual class!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I had this for about a month an a half now. My boyfriend and I was doing it together. Its tough but so worth it. In my opinion the Cardio dvd is a beast. But I love everything about this set
  • nashai01
    Options
    I just started P90X but want to do that Tapout XT after. Has anyone done the muay thai workout yet? If so, are you actullay learning the moves or what..? Any help would be appreciated since there isn't much out there on it compared to insanity/P90X. If I had heard about this before I started P90X I would have started with this. :)

I also have two free passes to The Lab (where Ben Henderson trains) and am thinking of taking bjj or muay thai but want to get myself in a little better shape before I take an actual class!

The muay thai is my favorite. I feel like a real fighter doing it. I have been letting my coworkers use my dvds, and everyone loves the muay that but hate the cardio lol. I had to go to ****S Sporting Goods to buy my gloves because I didn't order them with the dvd. But you can find the gloves at just about any sports store.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

The muay thai is my favorite. I feel like a real fighter doing it. I have been letting my coworkers use my dvds, and everyone loves the muay that but hate the cardio lol. I had to go to ****S Sporting Goods to buy my gloves because I didn't order them with the dvd. But you can find the gloves at just about any sports store.

Thanks for the info. I really want to get through P90X so I can start on this. LOL

And I love that it's ****s Sporting Goods. It makes me laugh.
  • nashai01
    Options
    And I love that it's ****s Sporting Goods. It makes me laugh.
    [/quote]

I don't know why it won't allow me to say the name of the store lol
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of purchasing this workout due to getting bore with doing p90x over and over again. Ready for a change and thought this might be a good one since you still incorporate a lot of strength in it. I did hear that its hard to follow the moves/ instructions at 1st? But all these posts on here sound like its a positive workout-definitely willl look more into it now
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I just started Tapout XT on Sunday. The workouts are hard but I'm enjoying it and looking forward to results in a few months. How is it going for you?

yes, it is hard but i luv it...my core muscles feel like somebody has been kicking me with their work boots!
  • bsix3
    Options

I've done P90X and really enjoyed it. The excercises are a bit longer than TapoutXT. Insanity wasn't good for my knees and ankles so I never tried it. I won't get the pleasure of Muay Thai until my 4th week.
  • bsix3
    Options
    I've been thinking of purchasing this workout due to getting bore with doing p90x over and over again. Ready for a change and thought this might be a good one since you still incorporate a lot of strength in it. I did hear that its hard to follow the moves/ instructions at 1st? But all these posts on here sound like its a positive workout-definitely willl look more into it now

I've done P90X and really enjoyed it. Just think of TapoutXT as a beefed up Kenpo X.