Sports bras for "well-endowed" women

Options

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you could go to a speciality shop, but what I have to do as I can't afford the ones from the speciality shops wear a bar under the sports bra and then you will have the support that you need for your workout. hope that helps have fun

I'm poor and ^^^ this is what I do too and it works wonderfully. ;)
  • anamy90
    anamy90 Posts: 43
    Options
    I use shockabsorber, 38F, very good bra. Definitely worth paying for. I've bought cheaper ones and still bounced around. Really comfy to wear as well which is a plus.
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. As a 36 DDD (F?) no one makes bras in my size. I usually have to buy either a 38 DDD and have it altered or look for generous 36 DD or one with some serious give in the cups.

It hard the smaller your body gets when I was a 42 F I could get them now 36 F I can find them I like underwire sports bras maybe that the issue. now I wear my minimize bra then a high impact sports bra and just hope I dont come out the top.
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    Not exactly a sports bra but I picked up a couple Genie Bras and Ahhh Bras at Walmart - they are in the as seen on tv section. I am a D 50 something inches around and the 3x fits me great. Believe me I didn't think it was going to when I took it out of the box.... oh and throw those insert things away immediately. If you use them and are well - endowed all they do is give your boobs corners. Anyway they give me great support and don't ride up or chafe anywhere and unlike regular "Sports" bras they are low cut enough in the front for me to wear them under most of my tops and dresses. They don't completely compress me like a regular sports bra so there is a little bounce but not enough to really bother me.

I have had this problem every time I started exercising. The other sports bras I tried would chafe under my boobs so bad it was unbearable. I can't say enough about how much these have helped. They help me stay on track too because it is hard to exercise when every drop of sweat makes the chafing burn like He!!.

I was so happy after I got the first pack (comes in a pack of 2 for 20.00 one black and one nude) that I went back and got 3 more so now I have about 8 of them. For 10.00 a piece they really seem like a bargain and I got my first one around Feb I think and they are all still in GREAT shape so I think they will hold up well.

Hope that helps :)
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use one of these: http://www.lessbounce.com/Sports-Bras-Scoop-Back/Triumph/TriAction-Extreme-Sports-Bra_ct482bd195pd38.htm

Have done for years and I adore it. Great regardless of what I do from rowing to zumba to boxing to running. I hate compression bras as they just crush me and there's nothing attractive about how you get in and out of one.

This bra, it restrains the movement so there's movement but none of that horrid bashing when the boob runs out of movement range but the bra still has give. Honestly, after using this bra, I see some women run now and I just want to stop them cos they're going to tear their boobs off!
  • kellys444
    kellys444 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shock absorbers all the way, and they sell them on Amazon.com cheaper.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I recommend a website called title9. They ahve awesome sports bras for fuller figure women with a large bust. (I should know I am a 36H). I wouldn't go ANYWHERE else for them. The Wired and ready bra is my favorite
  • I wear a 38G and the Enell bra mentioned earlier is the one I wear and love. I started wearing the one I have at 44G and it is just now getting to where I may need a new one. Pricey but worth it!
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fioana style..by moving comfort.. they get mashed a bit..but they don't give me black eyes..which is a plus:laugh: .. pretty reasonable too..under 30...on amazon :love:

This! That's the only bra I can wear comfortably that looks okay. I wear them for running and other high impact like jumping rope, box jumps, etc.

I get mine from Title Nine. They can be a little pricey, but they have a "bounce" scale so you can see what you need. Plus, they have an amazing return policy (up to a year, worn, no tags even!) -- which is handy when losing weight.

www.titlenine.com
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    38F, and I did find one I love. BUT it is up there in price (worth the investment)!!! It isn't the most comfortable bra in the world, but you will not have your boobs hitting you in the face, that's for sure. The link just happens to be a DD cup, but they have larger sizes. I really haven't found anything better.
    http://www.barenecessities.com/under-armour-endure-dd-cup-high-impact-wire-free-sports-bra-1220231_product.htm?pf_id=UnderArmour1220231&search=
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Glamorise Double Layer Wirefree Sports Bra
    Style: 23664
    Average Customer Rating: 4.3 out of 5
    Price: $51.99

I'm a 44DD - those babies don't move. Best one I've found so far.

I have this same bra and I'm a 40DDD and they don't move at all. It's that best I have found. The outerpart is adjustable also for more or less support.
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wacoal... the BEST!!! Completely adjustable... and they don't go ANYWHERE, yet no worries about range of motion.

I get mine at Dillards or Macy's etc... had no idea until a sales lady showed me... convinced me to try it... they have a FANTASTIC size selection... and I've gone from a a 36 H now down to a 34 G... they are a bit pricey, but entirely worth it. :-)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • NoSpandex
    Options
    I haven't found anything yet that beats the moving comfort bra. When I run I wear the (the maia style is the best). fiona is OK, but smashes me too much. The maia does not smash them, is extremely comfortable and great at wicking away the sweat.
  • msejoseph
    Options
    I do Zumba 5 times a week and what I have found to work for me is Champion Sports Bra's and Under Armor are the best. I wear a 38 H :happy: . Before those I would have to wear a bra under my sports bra to give me the coverage I needed. :smile:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    There are at least 37 other threads on this topic with great advice in them! Try using the "Search" function for more great advice.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Enell and Moving comfort.
  • MoChroi8609
    MoChroi8609 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what size you are but I LOVE the Champion sports bra I just got. I'm a 42D & had been having trouble finding a good sports bra too. I started week 4 of c25k today & this bra (size Large) def keeps "the girls" in line for sure. I believe it was about $25 but considering all the use you get out of it it's worth it = )
  • sunshinelady512
    sunshinelady512 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The last time I purchased a bra, it was a 42G. Since I've lost almost 25 pounds, my girls have shrunk a little, but not enough to find a sports bra in my size. (I haven't worn a cup size under a DDD/F since I was in junior high - Even when I was skinny I was still a 32DDD.) It always seems like sports bras stop at D or DD at the most. I would love to find a sports bra that actually fits and really works!