High Protein Sweets!

Options
chivalryder
chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
Hey all of MFP!

Recently switching myself up to a high(er) protein diet, and cutting out all processed carbs, I'm finding myself sitting at my office desk, craving the gigantic, super yummy, smooth, and fudgy brownies they sell in the vending machine here!

So, I decided to look and see if there are any high protein brownies I could make myself for when I have these cravings again. Found a few good ones, but I want to know:

What is your favourite high protein sweets recipe!?

Replies

• Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    flavored almonds
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just had Emerald brand Cocoa Roast almonds in a 100 calorie pack. I am always surprised at how delicious and satisfying they are. They are only 3 grams of protein, but it is often enough to hold me for a while.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    1 Cup Nonfat greek yogurt
    Stevia powder to taste
    Top with 2T Trader Joe's Midnight Moo chocolate syrup

Cheesecake with the most virtuous macros possible!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did you see the black bean brownie recipe? That's not too bad.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup salt free 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop of choc. protein powder, 1 T of Natural Peanut Butter blended in a mini food processor. Although I just got some powdered PB that I may give a try to reduce the fat.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I found this brownie recipe online. http://healthifulbalance.blogspot.ca/2012/05/high-protein-brownies.html

Looks delicious!
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MinMin, bless your heart for posting this. Now I know what I have to try this week.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I agree with the greek yogurt, it's my go-to for a sweet tooth. Sometimes I have the Fage with fruit (but mind the sugar on that), I've made plain with a bit of pumpkin and graham crumbs too. I haven't tried adding chocolate, but you can bet I'm going to now!
    Sometimes, just a protein shake works for me too. I use a vanilla cream powder with 4 ounces of orange juice and 4 ounces of water. Yum.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Google Jaimie Eason. She makes awesome protien breads that are sweet and very low in processed ingredients.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered nuts
    peanut butter oatmeal bars
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with the greek yogurt, it's my go-to for a sweet tooth. Sometimes I have the Fage with fruit (but mind the sugar on that), I've made plain with a bit of pumpkin and graham crumbs too. I haven't tried adding chocolate, but you can bet I'm going to now!
    Sometimes, just a protein shake works for me too. I use a vanilla cream powder with 4 ounces of orange juice and 4 ounces of water. Yum.

Yogurt for a sweet tooth? That's interesting. If I am doing yogurt, I have to add juice or fruit to sweeten it. To me, yogurt isn't sweet at all, very tart.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    MinMin, bless your heart for posting this. Now I know what I have to try this week.
    LOL!
    If you want to have some "crust" you can crumble on some PowerCrunch bar....no guilt necessary:bigsmile:
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Fage plain yogurt mixed with PB2 to make a peanut butter dip and use for dipping apples or just cut up the apples and mix it all together---so good.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Google Jaimie Eason. She makes awesome protien breads that are sweet and very low in processed ingredients.

She also has an awesome recipe for Turkey Meatoloaf Muffins
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple, unsweetened coconut flakes, and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Decadent!
  • mageets79
    mageets79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just googled Jamie Eason and the recipes look yummy! Thanks all!
  • catholic_chick
    Options
    Dark Chocolate - 85% cocoa - (melt) and mix in some macadamias top with a sprinkling of sea salt and refrigerate. Break up into pieces. Yummm!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    protein ice cream!! Throw a cup or two of water milk you like (I use almond), scoop of protein powder and whatever add-ins into an ice-cream machine.

I've made
    almond - add-in a T or two of almond butter, almond extract and top with a few slivered almonds
    carrot cake - a shake of cinnamon, a T or two of pureed carrots, vanilla extract and a T of cream cheese

Delicious!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    This site always has some great recipes. Here are her high protein recipes:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/tag/high-protein/
  • viki_88
    viki_88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vita Tops muffin top - deep chocolate flavor. So yummy. :) 100 calories and 4g of protein