Suddenly hungry

I have been doing MFP for 2 and a half months and feel that I have been getting on well. I have lost weight, eat all my calories every day and rarely felt hungry. Only just before my meals.

Over the last week I have been feeling really hungry even though I haven't changed my diet, exercise, or anything!! I am hungry within an hour of eating, which I definitely wasn't before.

Any ideas why I should suddenly have become so hungry?

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    It happens.. especially when you are exercising.. Listen to your body .. Are you hungry because your stomach is telling you to eat or is it your previously sugar addicted brain?

I cant see what you are eating on your diary so I can only add that try adding a little more fiber rich vegetables to your main meals like lunch and dinner

you can easily add a small cup of spinach and a few baby carrots together and mix it with say a fat free dressing ( like a table spoon ) and eat that with dinner.. It will go a long way to filling you up

Are you eating snacks ? if so are they healthy ? Try to add 1 protein bar a day to your diet in between meals... They an help curb hunger as well.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    As my body started getting used to the exercises it started to demand more food. I tried to go without upping my calories and I actually hit a platue. What kaxfenix said, listen to your body. You body is developing muscles that need to be fed. If you do not feed your body properly, you will not see the progress I'm sure you would like to. I just gave myself an additional 200 calories, obviously sticking with good for me food. This is done perfectly and I broke my plateau by 3 lbs already!
    You have to listen to your body. If you are truly hungry, feed it with good healthy food!
  • cugglybear
    cugglybear Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks very much, both of you. That all makes sense. I will up my calories a little and see if that helps.