Maintainers...did you keep a food diary?

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I log every day and plan on keeping track of my meals/exercise everyday for the rest of my life. It's the only way I stay accountable and can be sure that I stay on track.
  • dongarvin
    dongarvin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3 lbs away from my goal weight and I can't see NOT logging. It's only taken me about 100 days to get where I want to be but logging what I eat daily will really help keep me on track.:drinker:
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There really is no difference between weight loss mode and maintenance mode.
    Both have to be managed with the same tools the only difference is the amount of calories one can consume at a given exercise level.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I do. Maintaining is often a lot harder (at least in the beginning) than losing the weight. Sometimes I wish I could give the calorie counting up, but I don't trust myself that much yet.
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been at my goal for 3 months now and log every day. It's part of my lifestyle now.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for 4 months now and still log everything. I tend to estimate a little more often, but I like to log and I like knowing I am eating the right amount - not too much and not too little!

If I ever stop logging, I will always keep weighing and set a weight limit on the scale that if I go over it several days or a week in a row, I will start logging again.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I very rarely wrote it down, but I always kept track of the calories in my head. I never paid attention to the macros.

I'm finally starting to not obsess so much over my calorie intake recently, but it's only because I'm exercising so much.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Ive just hit my goal. I don't think I'll stop logging.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds by writing down what I ate. I kept it all off for years as I continued to write everything down. As soon as I stopped writing things down the bad habits began to emerge. Portion sizes got bigger, snacking got worse, foods that were limited to every now and then became everyday foods. Geting back in the habit was hard. I had many attempts to get back in the game. For whatever reason I just could not.

I have just recently been able to be consistent. I hope that it continues.

I now have 100 pounds to lose.

I will have a food journal for the rest of my life. I am pretty sure of it.
  • stephanie_pephanie
    Options
    Yup at maintenance for 2 months now and still logging. I like it - keeps me honest and my food journal always listens to how I'm feeling - saves me boring other people!!!
  • SovanJedi
    SovanJedi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I log my food every single day and have been since I started, even on my cheat days. Once I reach my goal weight I'll probably keep logging for another month or so, to make sure I can keep to a decent food amount while maintaining my goal weight. After that, I'll probably stop so my friends don't get annoyed by me pulling my phone out and tapping stuff into it every time some food item enters my mouth. :D
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close yet, but it dawned on me the other day that I will probably be logging for the rest of my life. I know me...I need the accountability. And, I love watching others succeed and to encourage those who are struggling.
  • Annzatgoal
    Annzatgoal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wasn't thinking there'd be 100% consensus about tracking to get to goal, but it definitely shows the absolute tie-in between successful weight-loss and keeping that food diary! But what was more surprising was that almost all who responded still keep up with the discipline DAILY!

I've been keeping up with mine, and plan to do so regularly. Looking forward to hearing more comments:)
  • kheather72
    kheather72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been a "maintainer" for the past nearly 7 years. I fluctuate within 10lbs but I still log my foods nearly every day. I gain weight easily so I have to stay on top of it if I don't want to it get out of control. Honestly, maintaining is much harder than losing IMO.
  • gwt1
    gwt1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I keep my food diary, but now I'm focused on hitting the right amount of protein, carbs and fat. Nice not to be focused solely on calories.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've logged since the start and still do so, my focus now is getting the right macro balance and keeping my net up.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've been within my goal weight (10 pounds to go) and I still log in daily and record my food and exercise daily.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining and keeping a diary (maintaining now for almost a year). I am a lot less strict now and dont worry about going over as much but it really helps keep me in check and make sure my macros are where I want them.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Reached goal weight in May and I still log my meals a week in advance.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I maintain now and I still keep my diary. I am just not as strict and upped my calories alot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!