Best tasting coconut water?

Does anyone have a taste preference in terms of plain coconut water?

I love coconut water after an intense workout (I lose a lot of fluids)... I found that Zico is my favorite so far, over VitaCoco. There are a plethora of other brands at Whole Foods that I haven't tried though. Interested in hearing what your coconut water preference is!

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Zico is my favorite too actually! I have tried a few before, but zico is good so i stick to it xD

Have you tried their chocolate flavor? oh goodness :D
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Zico chocolate
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Zico chocolate

I just bought a liter of this the other day to celebrate my first triathlon, but when I got home, I "accidentally" drank wine instead... So I still haven't tried the chocolate yet. But I'm glad someone likes it!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    Zico or Vitacoco. Plain.
  • Dr Oz had a guy on his show talking about the best coconut water and they did a lab study and found that Zico was the best one
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Vita coco pineapple.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    I don't know if this is the name of it but "real Coconut water"... well typing that made me feel like an idiot haha.

It comes in a glass bottle and that's all it says on the bottle. I have only ever tried the lime Zico and it was the most horrible thing I have ever tasted. So I will not be putting the lime in the coconuts and shaking all up.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Actually I changed my mind.

teh one that is by FAR the best is "taste nirvana"

They have a roasted coconut one, that has little pieces of coconut in it. So so so good :D
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Taste Nirvana, C2O, and Blue Monkey...but I never met a coconut I didn't like...:love:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Actually I changed my mind.

teh one that is by FAR the best is "taste nirvana"

They have a roasted coconut one, that has little pieces of coconut in it. So so so good :D

Oh hell yes... This sounds amazing
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    I like the "Naked" brand coconut water, its made from Green coconuts. Have to drink it cold though but it's super yummy
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    I've settled on VitaCoco (it's the one that tastes the freshest imo, I lived in India and used to get a coconut everyday) when I can't get a hold of a fresh young one. Stay away from canned, they take on a metallic taste.

My walmart here is carrying young Thai Coconuts (totally dif than Indian coconuts, more toasty tasting) in their produce, by the berries if you want to check at yours.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Vita coco is okay, but goya tastes the best to me always. I bought some fancy stuff from whole foods and its just not as good.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Taste Nirvana!!!!

That said, any chocolate one is also yummy :-)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Dr Oz had a guy on his show talking about the best coconut water and they did a lab study and found that Zico was the best one
    Best in terms of taste?
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    VitaCoco is my fave for plain but for flavors Zico - I like the lime one.
  • Dr Oz had a guy on his show talking about the best coconut water and they did a lab study and found that Zico was the best one
    Best in terms of taste?
    .....they test a few brand names in a lab to determine which brand really had the right amount of electrolites they where claiming on the labels and also for additonal sugar contents that were added.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    I have tried doing coconut water because I know it's so healthy - but for real? It tastes like old, cold, dirty hot dog water. I'd rather drink tea steeped from toe jam.

I still have a bottle of Zico in my fridge I need to throw out though because it expired. So this thread reminded me to do that :)
  • Zico but you can't keep it in stock where I am...bummerz.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    straight from the coconut right off the tree =)