1200 calorie a day people

Options

Replies

• mvswatt
    mvswatt Posts: 9
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! Question for anyone. After adding my calories burned from working out am I suppose to use those extra calories, or should I stay at the original 1200?
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    ME! ME! ME! Question for anyone. After adding my calories burned from working out am I suppose to use those extra calories, or should I stay at the original 1200?

1200 should be your net. So if you eat 1200 and you work out and burn 500, your net is now 700. Should eat more.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Before I joined I was 800calories,
    then when I joined I increased to 1200
    and now with workouts I'm at 1300 calories and eating back all my calories.
  • Libbyjh
    Libbyjh Posts: 3
    Options
    I tried the eat more to weigh less....have been on 1500 calories a day for 5 weeks and gained 3 lbs....back on 1200 calories a day starting today. I don't have alot more to lose, the extra calories just aren't working for me. Everyone is different though.
  • emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i am! i am! lol nice to meet you all (:
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1400 but I TRY and eat 1200. Even with alot of excercise, I dont eat back my workout calories. Unless. theres a special occasion. But, honestly, for some reason Im having a hard time even getting to 1200. Ive found foods that keep me full. I know 1200 is a base line and if I eat under, my body will go into starve mode, but what about eating when your hungry and eating when your full?

Anyway, Im on my 27th day on MFP and learning new things daily!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The 1200 calorie diet seems to be the most common diet for losing weight then gaining it right back. Most people can't seem to stick to it for very long because it isn't very much food, even if it's all nutrient dense.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i started off with a 1200 cal and lost 17 pounds... i stalled for a few months and tried changing my cal's to 1400... it kept me at the same weight, but then the weight started to creap back on (even with working out 4-5 times a week 1.5-2 hours a day, cardio, boxing and weights) I thought it was muscle, but i dont think thats the case since my belly has creaped back. Im back onto 1200 cal's but usually eat some of my work out points back. i have been back on 1200 cals for about a month now, but still no movement.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    How many others are out there besides me?? I'm tired of people telling me i dont eat enough so forth and so on. My DOCTOR and NUTRITIONIST put me on a 1200 calorie diet. The last time I was on a 1200 calorie diet I lost 150 lbs!!! The only reason I gained it back was because I got pregnant with my daughter. Anyways how many other 1200 calorie dieters are out there????

I have nothing against people eating that little (or less) if they are a) very small, or b) they have medical reason to do so. You have been told by two qualified people to eat that much, so by all means, do so.
  • mvswatt
    Options
    Seeing all these great results gives me the motivation to keep going!
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am. My fitness pal put me on it. And it has helped tremendously, AND they must not understand that the more you work out, the more you can eat. It's all about healthy choices people. :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm not always eating all of my exercise calories back (don't have a HRM so I'm not sure if they are accurate) but I'm losing and very full most days. Just have to be creative with what you eat.
  • mvswatt
    Options
    That is great!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • viceversah
    Options
    I did a 1200 calorie plan when I needed to loose a lot of weight, trying to increase it sence im trying to gain some muscle, but I find it hard too, so I guess you could say I am a 1200 calorie guy too. =P
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    meeee !! my weight loss stalled for a while so i upped it a bit.. the highest I ever had it set on mfp was 1450..
    the problem was over estimating my calories burned.. : /

but I'm at 1200 right now... when I actually stick to it and meet my weekly goal I lose about 2 lbs.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I am very short. I am only 5'1" so dont need as many calories as someone that is say 5'8". MFP has my calories set at 1280. I have always had a hard time eating very much. I just wasnt making healthy decisions hence the weight gain. Plus I had surgery on my stomach as an infant and have a sensitive stomach and get full fast. Since joining MFP I have been trying to make healthier food choices and my daily calorie intake is usually around 1100-1200. Very rarely do I eat back exercise calories
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I have been here for over a year and MFP has upped my cals recently from 1200 to 1260. I am 5` 4" and now weigh 137lbs with a weight loss input of 1/2lb a week.

You get used to eating stuff that is low cal. high protein.
  • cbrazina
    cbrazina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started last week on a 1,200 calorie diet and i lost 3 lbs in the first week. I'm just trying to watch what i eat and i walk about 45 minutes a day for my exercise. I find that i rarely eat all 1,2000 calories even though i really try to and i have light snacks throughout the day. I also noticed that i consistently go over my sugar count. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I am and I don't feel like I am "starving". So many people tell me I should eat more, but why should I force myself to eat more if I am not hungry. Like you my doctor and nutritionist put me at 1000-1200 calories until I lost quite a bit. They told me last monday that I can start upping that a little bit if I am comfortable with it, but not to go over 1400.
  • kenziestx
    Options
    Today is my first day. I am going to try to stick to the 1200 calories a day.