Recently quit smoking

Options
I quit smoking over 6 months ago and since then have put on some weight. Trying to look good and be healthy all around, but sure seems more difficult to diet without smoking. Anyone ever had this problem before? How did you overcome it? THANKS to all, sheri steele

Replies

• sheristeele
    sheristeele Posts: 39
    Options
    I quit smoking over 6 months ago and since then have put on some weight. Trying to look good and be healthy all around, but sure seems more difficult to diet without smoking. Anyone ever had this problem before? How did you overcome it? THANKS to all, sheri steele
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is read the book "Skinny *****". It is too funny.

And Of course welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't overcome it, I am afraid of gaining the weight by quiting smoking , but it is on my to do list. :smokin: I am sure Doc. won't let me forget it.:grumble:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    wt gain is trivial...you beat the worst of the worst smoking. I used to do it especially when I drank/partied, but when my dad who has a heart prob beat me up a small hill I knew I hadda quit and i may have put on a few but I was big anyways, but be happy you quit congrats on that
  • sheristeele
    Options
    THANKS for the encouragement! Excercise is a lot easier.. the cutting calories isn't though!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! Smoking is the worst and so hard to quit...I am sooo proud of you!!!

yes the calories are hard to control for all of us LOL...

hugs and best of luck!
    ali
  • pandakitti
    pandakitti Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband recently quit smoking, and gained 10 lbs, he now weighs 15 lbs more than me....been awhile since I could say that...
  • thirdeyeblind
    Options
    KUDOS!! I also quit smoking in January 2008. And I know first hand of the weight gain :ohwell: If you ever need support... I'm here for ya :flowerforyou:

G
  • sheristeele
    Options
    THANKS so much! I am happy to see there is someone else out there like me. Has been so difficult to quit two things.. like my whole life has changed. I'm getting there though. I feel so much better.