Sweet Tooth

Options
I have a really sweet tooth and would love to eat cake and chocolate all day every day. However, this is what got me into this mess!! I have tried to cut down, but i find if i eat a little, i want it all. I have to leave it out totally. This is really hard and I seem to think about nothing else. Anyone else have this problem? :drinker:

Replies

• sophia0415
    Options
    I have this same problem. After dinner I want nothing more in the world then something sweet. I am the same as you the "serving" size is just not enough. My problem is with ice cream but I have found that a popsicle does the trick for me. I am just eatting one and the normal ones so a little high in sugar the next ones I buy will be sugar free :)
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, have you tried eating dark chocolate almonds? They're still great for you and are just sweet enough. Also, somtimes I mix PB with sugar free jam and have it plain without bread. It's sweet and the PB is super filling!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    fruit flavoured low calorie yogurts are one of my favouriteafter-dinner puddings. Weight watchers do 'dessert style' ones which are like strawberry tart etc.
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    When I get a craving for something sweet (and it happens a lot!) I get up walk around the house or do a chore for about 10 minutes. If I still want something after the 10 minutes then I head to the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of 1% milk (1.5 cups) and add a little nestle quick chocolate syrup. It had calories but is fat free. The chocolate milk usually does it for me. On the occasion that it's not enough sometimes a little plain or vanilla yogurt with a tbsp of honey on top. If I really want something like ice cream, I can have it but I have to walk or bike to the place, that usually makes me not want it so bad!
  • phantasma32
    phantasma32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will give some of those a try. The choccy almonds sound good x
  • samlankford
    Options
    sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip on top...
  • Idaly51
    Idaly51 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a super sweet tooth but I do get the Special K fruit bars or the fiber one brownies which have 100 and 90 calories respectively and they taste pretty good.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    What about those black bean brownies that everyone raves about? Maybe make those and portion them out to one a day in freezer bags.
  • phantasma32
    phantasma32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not heard of the black bean brownies. Will google and find out. Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I resisted the temptation to buy a chocolate bar this morning and just got my kids one. It KILLED me!!
  • FrancescaBrice
    FrancescaBrice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have one too! Its a killer. I try not to buy anything sweet and bring it home. Its been helping
  • TerrorMayor
    Options
    Oh girl. You have no idea xD

I moved in with my best friend, and he and I have the world's LARGEST sweet tooth. We both used to not be able to have it in the house, but eventually, that didn't work, because eventually it's going to come in to your life. We all have to work on self control. I know I sound like an animal when I say I need to control myself to be able to have a little. It's hard, and it sucks, but I'm getting there. I used to eat a whole bag of Chocolate Chip Ahoy! cookies, and now I honestly eat one serving size. (which is 3 cookies)
    There are different ways to approach it; substitution, or elimination, but I think it's the BEST thing to do is to practice control. That way you CAN have your cake, and eat it too. (Just a slice though! :] )

Good luck!
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, have you tried eating dark chocolate almonds? They're still great for you and are just sweet enough. Also, somtimes I mix PB with sugar free jam and have it plain without bread. It's sweet and the PB is super filling!

Omg.. never thought of that! ...
  • relucas81
    Options
    www.arcticzero.com

A whole pint of ice cream for 150 calories. Gorge the pounds away :D
  • toulieb
    toulieb Posts: 8
    Options
    www.arcticzero.com

A whole pint of ice cream for 150 calories. Gorge the pounds away :D

I just read an article on Hungry girll about this. They tested the calories in a lab and it was something 125% to 200% more calories. I would be cautious.
  • wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try yesterday the Fiber One 90 calories chocolate fudge brownie and it was amazing !!!! It is a great treat that is low on calories and great flavor !!! you should try it :wink:
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I relate with all of you!! I could seriously eat an entire pie to myself and I tend not to stop until I am COMPLETELY full! Sometimes I look forward to eating supper just so that I can have my dessert! The worst part is I started associating it with an energy gain. Every time I want to gain energy I turn to sugar. What do you guys do when you need energy?? Example when I'm at work and I,m falling asleep in front of my screen. Also, I have a cake and chocolate business. My husband tries new recipes and I sample them. but I have manages to get that under control.