Self Challenge

Options
I got this self challenge and thought it was a great tip... Just thought I'd pass it along.

Avoid soda, even diet versions. Every can you sip ups your risk of becoming overweight by 37 percent.

Replies

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I got this self challenge and thought it was a great tip... Just thought I'd pass it along.

Avoid soda, even diet versions. Every can you sip ups your risk of becoming overweight by 37 percent.
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i heard that too! from my friend someone came to her school to talk about dieting...
    whyyy is that?? is it the sodium in it?? does it stretch out your stomach with the carbonation
    i dont get it!!!! i want my diet soda!
    hate take up ur bulletin space w. my own topic but how do i post a topic???
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have heard that as well.. The spenda, and other sugar substuites are just as bad as regular... I gave up pop and just drink water..... i feel so much better and i am sure you will too.... :tongue:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    yeh I gave up pop too... well except when i'm out drinkin liquor then i drink it diet. otherwise water n tea (without sugar of any kind)...

Kobrie i wanted to know why too.. it probably is the sodium and/or the carbonation... either way, i don't wanna drink it.. i noticed i feel less bloated too. and it's a bulletin for everyone don't worry.. that's why I posted it.. lol
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I only drink a diet coke once or twice a week. I think moderation is the key here and not having a million cans a day.

Speaking of which, we had a co-worker that drank can after can. So one day we decided to count how many cans he drank in one day. From 8:30 to 5:30 he drank 15 cans of soda. :noway:
  • beakstar79
    beakstar79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Holy moly 15 cans in 9 hours???? I am a friggin' diet coke addict, but even i don't drink that much!!! Anyway I am slowly weening myself off of it because I heard it makes you gain. I was wondering why too. So its the carbonation and sodium, huh?
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Another line of thinking goes hand in hand with the "fat-free" foods. It is easier to justify eating extra calories with the diet soda. Not as in as much danger since we track cal's, but I am a caffeine junkie and have been weaning off of diet and sugar substitutes and my headaches that I got were going away. A relative was having a "medical mystery" that had been going on for years and they finally realized she was allergic to the sugar substitutes. Probably a combination of all of it.