Military 3-day diet

Options
So I was browsing on Pinterest one day and one of my friends pinned the 3-day military diet. I looked it over and it definitely seems odd but many people seemed to have tried it and "liked" it. It promises weight loss of up to 10 pounds in three days (which I'm taking with a grain of salt). Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a starvation diet to me.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I need to be on a diet 365 days - not three days. So I wouldn't try any diet that is only 3 - 4 - or 5 days long!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you lose 10 lbs in 3 days, be prepared to gain most of it back in the next 3 days.
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate the name of this thing, when I was in we weren't on any sort of diet, we had plenty of food, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns for breakfast, a sandwich and vegetables or a 4oz piece of meat and sides for lunch, and same for dinner as lunch. AND NO ICECREAM. However we did RUN for 8 miles at least 3 times a week in the mornings, as well as random workouts throughout the day burning probably around 1000 calories a day.

That being said my thoughts on this "diet" are that it's ridiculous. Sure the calories are fine, but isn't that what you're doing any way? Just watching how many calories you intake. And to losing 10lbs in 3 days I'm not sure how that's possible on this diet, and if it is I'm pretty sure it'll come right back. One of the websites I read about this claimed "After the 3 days you can eat whatever you please for 4 days then do the exercise again and repeat the process as much as you like".. which would put you somewhere in 30lbs a month or so? That doesn't seem right at all.
  • PrettyGirlsOnFire
    PrettyGirlsOnFire Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand how they can use the words "lose up to 40lbs in a month" and "this is a safe diet" in the same paragraph... It looks like basically a processed-food detox. Which is excellent! I would think eating that way you may lose 3-5lbs, but 10 would be a little much to expect.