Need Help!!!

Options
I'm somewhat new to myfitnesspal. Ive been a member for almost a year now and I haven't had much progress. I have been trying to stay on track but find my self easily distracted. I used to log faithfully but lately I have the patience of a pea. I am easily distracted, seem to think that I can eat whatever when I damn well know I cant. I don't know what or how to keep myself focused. I know I only have myself to blame but I would love to be able to love myself again; I don't know how. Any ideas, tips, comments, strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    First, open your diary so others can see what you are up to, food and exercise wise. Can't help with out having the facts at hand.

Second, log everything, EVERYTHING, that goes in your mouth.

Third, drink LOTS of water.

Fourth, exercise. Even a 5 minute walk will help.

Fifth, make sure your MFP settings are correct.

Sixth, eat to your calorie level. Yes, you can eat anything to get your calorie intake, but eating healthy will make you feel better.

Seventh, STOP being down on yourself, being negative. We are our own worst critics. Remember, God made you in his image. You are perfect as you are, right now, in this place. You are where you need to be, this moment, this place.

Feel free to send me a message.

Welcome to MFP and good luck. You CAN do it!!
  • conehead1979
    Options
    Hello, I like how your straight to the point. Your someone I need for support; I thank you. I have a few questions. Not sure how to open my diary. I'm not a fan of water, I am lucky if I drink a glass a week; what can I add to water that will help. I do lemon but again I get bored of it. I did go over my MFP and it is correct now. Thank you for your tips. You help will help me improve. Thank you.
  • km017198
    km017198 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just try to stay positive we all go through hard times. Here are some things that I have helped me.

I have to set a schedule and stick to it. I make my self get up by 8 no matter what is going on that day. Then I listen to something positive. It can be a good song or a good audio. Lately i've been listening to personal development audios. Choose what speaks to you and gets you in a good mind set. Then I do something spiritual like meditate or read my bible. Then I work out :) I take care of my mind, body and soul first thing in the morning.

Also I find that if I just focus on drinking one glass of water with each meal I can get the minimum glasses in. Try to start there.

Good luck!
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Hello, I like how your straight to the point. Your someone I need for support; I thank you. I have a few questions. Not sure how to open my diary. I'm not a fan of water, I am lucky if I drink a glass a week; what can I add to water that will help. I do lemon but again I get bored of it. I did go over my MFP and it is correct now. Thank you for your tips. You help will help me improve. Thank you.

Not sure how to tell you to open your diary. Send a query to MFP, their contact is somewhere on the home page. They get back to you very quickly. I have used them many times.

To increase your water intake, fill a 2 liter jug with water, an empty pop bottle will do, and make it your goal to drink it every day. As you get into water, increase your intake. Myself, I drink 8 liters or more of water per day. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water, if you no longer feel hungry, then your body was thirsty and not hungry. Best advice, listen to your body.

There is no need to buy commercial sweeteners and flavourings. Want raspberry flavoured water? Add some fresh/frozen raspberries to your water, squish on the side of your container if you like. Do this with any fruit: blueberries, strawberries, melons, cucumbers, etc. Whatever you like.

As you add exercise you will find you need more water.

As km017198 said, a schedule might work if that is what it takes!! And personal affirmations, positive thinking does work. So does prayer. Think I CAN rather than I can't.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Start small.

Drink one glass of water a day, work up to one a meal. I get tired of water as well but can't get enough of crushed ice. I could crew cups of it every day - that may lead to some teeth problems down the road, but I will cross that bridge later.

Log one meal a day, work up to three meals, then everything

Focus on only the food you are currently eating: How does it make you fee? How does it taste? How do you feel 5 minutes after eating it? 1 hour after?
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Try planning your meals for the week.

Sit down and scour the web for healthy recipes and write out the menu

Make your shopping list

Do most of your cooking for the week on your day off

Portion it out into single servings

Pre track and pack your feedbag the night before

On my shorter work days I will often come home and steam a bunch of mixed veggies. Kale, mushrooms and leeks are one fave of mine. I did kale, bok choy, leeks and new potatoes, and yams last night. I will also make a big batch of rice or quinoa.

On Sundays I will usually make a big batch of veggie chili in the crockpot and roast a big batch of mixed veggies.

What are your faves?

Post later after you have had a moment to sit down and plan your meals and let us know what you will be making. We all love new ideas as well.
  • judylynnh
    judylynnh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would change is put seven first. Stop being negative. That will the rest of it easier.