Yet Another Newbie - Weight Loss Surgery regain

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site, and I'm in need of shedding weight I've gained since weight loss surgery 6 years ago. I want to loose about 35 lbs. I need assistance with setting up a menu plan that is quick for a busy mother of two young and overweight boys. Any assistance and/or direction on this site that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Janice

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Janice,

Welcome, you'll find all the tools and support here to reach your goals. Make sure you log all of your food (I think you learn more from the things you don't want to log). You're going to succeed.

Enjoy,

Doug
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    It seems as thought you should seek the assistance of a nutritionist. My only advice is to eat as much natural unprocessed foods as possible. I keep a veggie tray in the fridge and there's always fruit on the counter for quick grabs. It takes just as much time to cook rice in a pot, and do a chicken stir fry in a pan; as it does to cook a box of mac n cheese (well maybe 5 minutes longer).

I own a catering business, and food is really my thing. What kinds of things do your kids like to eat?
  • dar4765
    dar4765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is completely my issue as well. I don't have kids, but I don't understand why there isn't any "menu" plans for post WLS folks like us! I'm only 2 1/2 years out from WLS and gaining myself. Keeping what I'm calling my Cruel Food Diary is AWFUL, but being honest with myself and about what I'm sticking in my mouth is helping at least identifying where many of my calories are coming from. Love to chat if you want! and good luck! We can't be that wrong if we've found our way here!