New from Michigan

Options
Hello everyone!!! I am 26 and from Western Michigan. I found this site through someone else and it is already a big help. It keeps me accountable for everything. Due to the nasty weather here in the lovely state of Michigan it's hard to get outside and walk(my favorite thing to do!). So instead of paying for a gym membership we opted to get a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus. Along with The Biggest Loser game. Definitely fun. I think that between the Wii Fit Plus & the Biggest Loser game and this site maybe things will go okay.
Not only am I trying to lose weight but my boyfriend, and daughter as well. She is 7 and sadly weighs 98 lbs. In her own defense she is rather tall for her age so she doesn't look too big but still she needs to get healthier too.
I personally need to lose a lot of weight...Like over a 100 lbs. I know it will take time but I also know that I CAN do it. I just wanted to say Hello! and that I look forward to chatting with you!!!
Sara

Replies

• melanieann48111
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from Michigan too! Southeast michigan to be exact. The weather can be a real hoot, huh? :grumble:

Welcome to MFP...This is only my second week hanging around but I love it.
  • tatumsky
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I'm from Central Michigan. Our long cold winters are not too much fun. I just started on my treadmill, slim n6 and turbo jam. I'm trying to keep it different everyday so I don't get bored. We can make it through the winter together. : )
  • wolt98
    wolt98 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am from western Michigan also, though only thing I like about living here is the beautiful beaches in the summer. Welcome and best of luck to you on your new journey!