Plateaued :(

Options
snha
snha Posts: 388 Member
snha My weight seems to have plateaued for the past two weeks :( Any suggestions? I've been eating well all this time, about 1800 calories, but spending about 600-1300 calories in daily exercise. So, I know I have been spending about a 1000 calories a day more than I eat. Any ideas of what the story is and how to deal with it?

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Lets see that Diary.. its private.
  • snha
    Options
    done... don't look at yesterday only though, that was a one day excess in 60 days!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? Any lifting?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you need to try to change things up, confuse your body. You might want to try calorie cycling where you eat 1500 cals one day and 2000 cals the next day and back and forth also do something different as far as exercises if you have been running, do bike riding......etc. Good luck just stick with it
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try eating your TDEE - 20% for a few weeks and eating back all of your exercise calories...you'd be suprised that if you eat more you lose more....

http://www.mattbarney.co.uk/tdeecalculator/
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ^^ AGREE w themommie .. Just got out of my plateau this morning.
  • MTBrob
    Options
    Try changing your metrics around .. You are SUPER "Carb'ing" it up at the moment...

Set your goals for 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat..

Lean meats

cut out any type of breads for a week, eat more veggies..

keep your fat down

Continue to work out and your weight will begin to move..
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Only thing I see is Sodium!! On some days it was way over that could be water weight I also agree with the others. Change up and eat more one day and less the next. I needed to eat more and when I started that my weight changed for the better. Hope something helps! :-)
  • snha
    Options
    Try changing your metrics around .. You are SUPER "Carb'ing" it up at the moment...

Set your goals for 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat..

Lean meats

cut out any type of breads for a week, eat more veggies..

keep your fat down

Continue to work out and your weight will begin to move..

Thanks, but carbing it up? can you tell me where? I am very interested in this because I have been trying to reduce my carbs greatly. what do you think carbs should be? I didn't think they were more than 30%. hmm , let me check again.
  • MTBrob
    Options
    well your daily goal is like over 200g of carbs thats a lot.. doesn't need to be that high unless you are some type of marathon runner and you have hit your goals..

Your body is gonna burn the carbs first before the stored fat so you need to lower that.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not really a plateau. If I were you, I'd just continue the path and make sure your deficit is right. 2 weeks is nothing to panic over.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yeah, really........try plateauing for months! It's a beyatch :devil: