Always hungry???.....

Options
I recently stepped up my workouts a notch and have been eating the majority of my exercise cals back. I feel like i am eating an insanely large amount of food but I still feel hungry at the end of the day. Suggestions????

Replies

• morgandavis
    Options
    My only suggestion would be more protein. I have worked out for years and struggled when I would get so hungry and then eat my calories back. I try eating a whole boiled egg or a small piece of chicken or salmon. Higher in protein before you workout would also help. Good luck and keep working out!
  • Flakes
    Flakes Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the same problem. Around 2 or 3 in the afternoon I feel like I could eat another complete meal! I think a good strategy is to combine protein and fiber. Fiber slows down digestion making you feel fuller for longer, and it is something I think most people do not get enough of. I think this is a good article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/26/CL.satisfaction.guaranteed/index.html?eref=rss_health

I hope you find this helpful!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I try to eat protein but think i may be lacking on the fiber....maybe this will help me feel fuller, atleast til i get used to my new workout regimen!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, Im going to look into to protein and fiber...

Everyone is different. The advice that I was given and that has worked for me is to drink water. Sometimes when you feel hungry its actually your body telling you its thirsty.

How much water do you drink a day?
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with Tasha.
    Sometimes your body is telling you that its hungry when in actuality it's really dehydrated. Try drinking a glass of water before your meals & see if that helps!!!!
    This is a great article, very informative! I hope this helps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/christinacherelle/view/why-the-scale-lies-15443
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    i drink tons of water a day...that's all I drink (besides 1 cup coffee in the a.m.) I would estimate anywhere between 100 to 150 ounces per day and sometimes more. People at work make fun of me because I always have to pee....lol :). I gave up drinking other drinks about 2 years ago and since my body became accustomed to drinking water I always want it! I thought that may be it too, but I am thinking it may be the fiber issue possibly....i will try eating more fiber, tkx for the advice~!