Need new food ideas

Options
Ok I am in need of some new food ideas, I am so sick of eating the same things everyday. I need low cal, quick and easy foods. I am about sick of eating turkey and cheese for lunch everyday. please help

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a salad every day for lunch, but try to make it differently each day. Some days it's chicken and black beans with salsa, some days pepperoni and mozzarella cheese with Italian dressing. Hard boiled eggs are also quick once you make them, you can make egg salad with lowfat mayo, or add some mustard for deviled eggs. I also use iceberg lettuce in place of bread to lower calories :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a toaster oven, Pizza! La Tortilla Factory tortillas (50 calories!) make a great "crust", top with sauce, some part skim mozzerella and Hormel 70% reduced fat pepperoni and veggies. YUM!

I also use the LTF tortillas for bean and cheese quesadillas.

Tuna with a small amount of mayo and some sriracha - use sliced cucumber to eat it with for a spicy tuna roll type lunch.

Baked potato with 99% fat free chili.

My lunches are usually pretty low-cal... feel free to peruse the diary. :flowerforyou:

Also - eatingwell.com has great lunch recipes.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Umm, what kind of food? With what ingredients?

PBJ - use good bread, good peanut butter, and make your own jelly
    Tuna/egg salad sandwich - substitute mayo with yogurt and a little lemon zest
    Spring/salad/summer roll (my favorite) - I take about 30mins the night before to make these and individually wrap them in plastic wrap so they wont stick.
    tacos/burritos/salad wraps

or...just chop/grilled different veggies, mix olive oil+balsamic vinegar+salt+pepper, and toss them all together. Can't be anymore healthy than that.