i can't stop eating sweets!

Options
i plan each meal and snack throughout the day, and I am always right at my calorie goal after all of the planning. but throughout the day, all I want is SUGAR. this is something recent, so i'm not sure where it's stemming from. for example, after lunch (either a Special K Protein Shake and Apple or a turkey sandwich, apple, and light chips), all I want is cookies or chocolate or ANYTHING sweet i eat (not hard candy though, doesnt seem to do the trick).

where is this need for a sugar fix coming from? im sitting at home and all i can think about is SUGAR. its not that time of the month for me, so ive ruled that out... any other ideas?

thanks!

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    is there any synthetic sugar in your diet?
    aspartame, splenda, truvia, etc.
    this increase your sugar craving.

also, if its something you really want, leave 100 calories at the end of the day for a piece of dark chocolate or a small cookie. if you keep pushing off these cravings, it might cause you to binge in the long run.
  • TracyV
    TracyV Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    don't know if you're an ice cream fan but yesterday I picked up a box of Skinny Cow Mini Fudge Bars. Just 50 calories and enough to satisfy me if i get a bad ice cream or chocolate craving that won't go away. They're yummy and low on everything else (fat, sodium, etc) too. I don't plan on eating them every day or anything but am going to keep a box in my freezer for those bad craving days and hope my roommates don't eat them first! lol
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    I have a horrible sweet tooth as well! I have been trying to keep raisinettes (they even have dark chocolate ones)--or better yet Sunmaid makes dark-chocolate yogurt covered raisins. Making your own trail mix works as well--adding a few dark chocolate chips to the mix and they sweeten it up!
  • clhelms
    Options
    I LOVE sweets and I've found that if I'm going to stay on track I need to allow myself chocolate in my diet everyday or every other day depending on my mood. I've recently discovered that Dove chocolate with carmel or with almonds really does the trick for me and I buy it in individuals so if 2 satisfy me I've only eaten 80 calories or so but I make sure to have that little extra hanging out in my daily planning to satisfy my sweet tooth. Its better to me than downing a candy bar with close to 400 calories or a piece of cheescake for even more when I haven't fed my craving in a while.

Carrie
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    In my case, it's mind over matter. If I see a Snickers bar on TV or something, and I know I can't have it...I will DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY thinking about having one.

Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are awesome, and sometimes I will reserve 300 calories at the end of the day and have 2, and STILL be at my cals for the day!!!!!