everything but stomach is small

Options
OTchic
OTchic Posts: 205 Member
So I have carpal tunnel and I don't know what i can do for my stomach if i can't do weight training i can't lift more than 3lbs because if i do 5lbs i will be rolling over in bed with throbbing hands and go thru shooting pains up my forearms. I can't do JM videos because so far hers have involved weights and planks = suicidal for me. I don't think 3lbs would be considered weight training would it? or make a diff.

i don't know much about insanity p90x or other videos that maybe i should do. should i work on core workouts. maybe find an ab workout dvd and do that 5x a week? i am already small i am in size 5 jeans don't want to be a 3 and have nice toned arms n legs from running. my usual workout is running and walking which is how i lost my 30lbs but it did nothing for my stomach its not small nor toned.

i am currently maintaining i am 5'2 and 117lbs.

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks xoxox

Replies

• rainbowcarrie
    rainbowcarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert at this because I'm working on my tummy area as well. I just recently got Insanity and they have a good ab workout DVD. I like it because there are no sit ups to kill my lower back. There are some plank positions though but you can do them on your forearms and not wrists (if that helps). I think you need to get cardio in too. Check out insanity, I've been impressed. I look forward to seeing other comments on here too for ideas.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You have to reduce your fat %, and the belly goes away.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Usually the tummy area is more based on your diet. If you want your belly to shrink you need to lose body fat. Eat at a calorie deficit and try to eat mostly clean. You should get results. Drink a lot of water and watch your sodium intake.