Steroids

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
Anyone take them? If so, what dose? And how long does it take once you lower the dose does it take for the side effects to wear off?

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I dont. Im not sure talking about them isnt frowned upon here. Google anabolic minds and check those forums.
  • fteale
    Options
    It's not for me. It's for a relative who has to take heavy doses for a lung condition. Which is why I am asking generally rather than in a forum specifically for people who want to take them.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    It's not for me. It's for a relative who has to take heavy doses for a lung condition. Which is why I am asking generally rather than in a forum specifically for people who want to take them.

Your relative is taking a different kind of steroid (corticosteroids) than what is usually associated with rapid muscle gains (anabolic steroids).

Corticosteroids reduce swelling and inflammation within the body by lowering the immune response. These should not be stopped abruptly, but tapered down instead if on a high dose. Depending on the dose, duration of treatment, individual response, and degree of side effects, it could take weeks or longer (in regards to fluid retention, fat redistribution, mood changes) or be long term (osteoporosis).. Everyone is different.
  • rainbowcarrie
    rainbowcarrie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont think it's a good idea to just start taking steroids. You should talk to your doctor about what you are trying to accomplish and just make sure you go about it in a healthy way.
  • fteale
    Options
    I dont think it's a good idea to just start taking steroids. You should talk to your doctor about what you are trying to accomplish and just make sure you go about it in a healthy way.

Read above!
  • fteale
    Options

Your relative is taking a different kind of steroid (corticosteroids) than what is usually associated with rapid muscle gains (anabolic steroids).

Corticosteroids reduce swelling and inflammation within the body by lowering the immune response. These should not be stopped abruptly, but tapered down instead if on a high dose. Depending on the dose, duration of treatment, individual response, and degree of side effects, it could take weeks or longer (in regards to fluid retention, fat redistribution, mood changes) or be long term (osteoporosis).. Everyone is different.

Thanks. This seems to be in line with the information he's been given, but so much seems to be down to the individual reaction to them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

These are not the steroids that you are looking for....

I bet the pharmacist that fills your relative's prescription knows the exact answers you seek.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone take them? If so, what dose? And how long does it take once you lower the dose does it take for the side effects to wear off?
    I've had to take corticosteroids several times. For me, most things went back to normal quickly. Except, well, the weight.