I swear I'm not a lush....

Options
When you start a thread with that name, I know we ALL are thinking, "OH YES YOU ARE!!!" So, gulty as charged, I would like to know what low calorie drinks MFP members have found to get their drink on. My friends like to drink, and I just won't be able to avoid it. I'd like to find a way to have fun while watching the calories :)

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hard liquor with diet sodas or club soda; wine spritzers, light beer....avoid frozen drinks and drinks mixed with juices!
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Gin & tonic if you can get your hands on low-calorie tonic water, anything mixed with Diet Coke, and water down liqueurs. My favourite drink is crème de cassis which equals super-calories, but if you half-fill a mixer glass with ice, pour in a glug of cassis and then top it up with water, it's not too far off. And I'm not a Jägerbomb girl, but I'm pretty sure any bomb drink with sugar-free Red Bull is low-cal, since you're only getting one shot glass of alcohol.

Otherwise I just try and fit into my calorie count for the day or lower my goal slightly the next day. I don't do hangover food, so that's usually pretty easy!
  • forkeeps251
    forkeeps251 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vodka, water, ice and Mio, that stuff you squirt in water to make it tasty. It tastes like kool aid.
  • afshape
    afshape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Strawberry or Raspberry Vodka with soda water and a lime
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    since its not an everyday thing... eat less.. then drink what you like.... and still come in at your calorie goal.

if its an everyday thing.... then you cant do that... stick to liquor and non or low calorie mixers.

it can be simple as that...

(as a guy its also a plus that im out drinking REAL beer.. no sparkiling ultra mega select light water)
  • juliebean101
    juliebean101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If i know I will be dinking I add exercise, so I earn my drinking calories. I ususally stick to light beer, but I was hoping to get some ideas for something more interesting to drink than "watered down" beer. I see some good ideas to try. Thanks all!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Vodka water with some lemon squeezed in. Super low cal and refreshing.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Yeah along these lines is what I am thinking Vodka water with a mixture of REAL fruit juices is the way to go ..
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My fave! Having a bottle of lemon or lime juice on hand in the fridge works too if you're at home and don't have the fresh stuff on hand.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Strawberry or Raspberry Vodka with soda water and a lime
    Yum! I was also going to suggest vodka which is 52calories per 25ml/1oz. (yes i just scanned a bottle of Smirnoff to check don't judge me :blushing: ) with diet coke or any sugar free soda. But this sounds like it could be my new favorite drink :happy:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Vodka with MIO. Bam!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    any clear liquor with diet anything. redbull zero is a good mixer. or vodka rocks with lime. those are my usuals. or brut cuvee champagne. lower sugar content.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I mostly stick to wine because I LOVE it and it's not something you guzzle like beer and it's easier on your organs than hard liquor.

I sometimes drink beer but the beers I like best are higher in calories and I tend to drink them faster. Occasionally I'll go for a mixed drink but usually just the occasional shot in celebration.

Sipping wine is IMO the best way to enjoy drinking over a period of time without racking up too many calories. The yummy taste and warm buzz is a just a nice plus.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Martinis.
    Any plain alcohol (vodka, gin, scotch) and tonic water.
    White wine.
  • jl300
    jl300 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    all these are great suggestions but I also wanted to add that if I really want a good (high calorie) beer I'll have whatever I really want for my first drink when I will enjoy it the most, then switch to light beer if want to have a few more.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    someone just posted this website the other day, getdrunknotfat.com ...check it out
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options

Agreed!

Or sometimes I do just a touch of natural organic juice, like 1/4 C mixed with water. Grapefruit is my fave with a salted rim. mmm

It's too early in the week for me to be thinking like this..
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55. you can drink the whole 6 pack & it's only 330 calories!!!!!