1660 calories a day?

Options
When I put my info in here it gave me 1660 calories a day. Isn't that a lot? I see where a lot of you only have 1200-1500 calories a day. Idk, just seems like too many cals.

Replies

• nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    depends on your weight, on how much you logged that you would exercise, and how much you put in to lose.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You don't have to starve to loose weight. Just eat more than your BMR and less than you TDEE. Work through this link and see what you get. Your target should be you TDEE - 20%. Helloitsdan does a great job of explaining
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's a very reasonable amount - that's pretty much what I ate to lose 20 kg last year. And that was 1660 NET calories - so that meant I was actually eating 1660 plus a couple of hundred extra for exercise.

In my opinion 1200 calories is foolishly low and unsustainable - unless you are 4'5".
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    You gotta eat to lose.

Trust the program, it works.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You don't have to starve to loose weight. Just eat more than your BMR and less than you TDEE. Work through this link and see what you get. Your target should be you TDEE - 20%. Helloitsdan does a great job of explaining

^This.

(And your cat is beautiful by the way! I used to have one that looked just like that!! He was part Siamese - so noisy!!)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6, about 118, 20 years old, and eat about 1400-1800 a day :)
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to eat 1700 cal a day ! I am a little bit scared too but I follow it religiously because I don't want to put my body into starvation mode .... We will see how this works, I just started MFP 5 days ago and I weight myself only on fridays...so I'll see in 4 days if it works properly !
  • lisaekewish
    lisaekewish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1660 is good! I usually range between 1500-2000 and am losing 2lbs a week.
    Depends on so many things...
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" (176 cm), 117 kg and I'm on 1740 cal per day with a plan to exercise 30 mins 4 times per week (but i always end up doing more than that anyway). When I first started I was 140kg and was on 1970 cal (or something like that). Don't worry. Trust the system.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi friend! =)

it depends.. when i started 6wks ago I put in 2 pounds a week.. and I only got 1200 calories a day! and I did that just shy of a month...(and i ALWAYS ate my exercise cals back, im not insane!! lol)... then after almost a mo.. i just felt like i needed more.. ( (i lost wt the first mo..9# or so i think?... idk.. after 4wks..then I upped the chart thing to be 1 1/2#'s a week and I get 1380 a day..(180 more.. and again I eat my exercise cals back also).. and ive lost almost as much wt in last 2wks as I did the 1st mo!! (down 15 #'s now in 6wks)!! so i think my body actually liked the lil more cal's... but I have like 60 ish pounds to loose or lil more (in total).. so started at the low 1200.. and slowly upped like I said... then at 12wks in (6 more wks) im gonna up my cals to maintenance for a week! ) like suggested on a great blog I read.. and then go back down again after that week.. kinda "jolt/trigger' my metabolism...
    but I do know peeps having the 1600 cals a day also and are loosing.. just depends on whats good for you and LISTEN to your body too :wink:
  • Thanks for all the input everyone and I feel a bit better now :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm set to lose 1 pound per week and MFP set my cals at 1800. I have eaten that and more on exercise days since I started a month ago and have lost closer to 2 pounds a week!