Exercising Twice a Day?

I'm in between jobs right now, so I have some extra time on my hands. Would it be wise to step it up a bit for now and exercise in the morning and evening? If so, what do you think I should do? I'm currently doing the Zumba DVDs 5 days a week. Or do you think that'll be too much?

Replies

• Whatever you feel like doing. I'd probably try to work in strength training 3x a week.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    As long as you are eating enough, drinking enough, and resting enough... do whatever you feel like.

Personally, I'd put more emphasis on my diet if I had that much time... I'd take the time to grocery shop properly even if it meant going to multiple stores, I'd make all my own foods/meals, etc.
  • If you feel like you can, I say go for it. BUT if your zumba is intense than do something like a bike ride or run, or maybe a less intense. Have you thought of adding weight training to your routine? You could add a second work out of weights. That really speeds up your metabolism, and slims you down so as you're loosing weight, beautiful muscle starts to appear. Just some thoughts. Just don't burn yourself out, so that you don't want to continue. Find a work out you really really enjoy, and make that one or both of your work outs! xoxo