questions to those with Weave Hair Extensions?

Options
MrsWilsoncroft
MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
Hi all

I'm thinking of getting my hair weaved as a treat to myself for my weight loss.
I have a few questions though to those who already have them please.

Can u have them if your hair is short? Mine is cut into my neck but hoping I've got enough hair to have the weave braided.

how easy are they to maintain once you have this done?
Do u wash and dry the hair just like u would normal hair?
How long do they last for?
Is it best to go for straight, wavy or curly style? Noticed there are loads to choose from.

A new hair soon local to me has a special offer on at the moment so I'm really tempted as I do miss my long hair

Thanks

Stacey xxx

Replies

• SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I've never have weave extensions, so sorry I can't answer that question. I do have clip in hair extensions and they always look amazing. It's a good alternative because then you are not forced to have them in all the time and no damage is done to your hair. PM me if you want more info on them.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You'd probably get the best info if you ask around you locally about salons women recommend. Maybe don't just come right out and say something like "Hey, it looks like you have fake hair, and I would like some too. What do you recommend?" haha Just ask for some recommendations and then go talk to potential stylists. If the stylist isn't happy to talk to you and help you make the best decision BEFORE you are in his/her chair, I would say that is a HUGE RED FLAG. Good luck
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    Options
    Thanks ladies
    I'll pop into the salon for some advice I was looking at some you tube videos and the results look great x
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Seasoned weave wearer here.

I assume you're referring to a sew in set of extensions. if you're hair is long enough to braid, then you shouldn't have a problem.
    I did wash and blow dry my extensions as normal but do keep In mind every time you wash them, the braid onto which they are sewn will loosen slightly.

I kept mine in between 4-6 weeks. Sew in extensions do cause stress to your natural hair. So it's best to not keep them in too long.

And as far as styles go , try to match the base of it to the natural texture of your hair so it looks as natural as possible.

And lastly, make sure you buy( or if your salon is providing it) a high grade of human hair extensions. You don't want to go cheap cause your hair will look ratty and cheap. Make sure it is 100% HUMAN HAIR. That way you won't have any problem washing, curling or styling it!

Hope this helps!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    Options
    Seasoned weave wearer here.

I assume you're referring to a sew in set of extensions. if you're hair is long enough to braid, then you shouldn't have a problem.
    I did wash and blow dry my extensions as normal but do keep In mind every time you wash them, the braid onto which they are sewn will loosen slightly.

I kept mine in between 4-6 weeks. Sew in extensions do cause stress to your natural hair. So it's best to not keep them in too long.

And as far as styles go , try to match the base of it to the natural texture of your hair so it looks as natural as possible.

And lastly, make sure you buy( or if your salon is providing it) a high grade of human hair extensions. You don't want to go cheap cause your hair will look ratty and cheap. Make sure it is 100% HUMAN HAIR. That way you won't have any problem washing, curling or styling it!

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your help with this Hun.
    Yes the salon said they are put in by braiding your own hair which now is long enough.

My only worry is my hair at the moment is blonde and brown so not sure what colour hair to go for.
    I was thinking of dying my hair a more natural brown colour then the extensions will be easier to match up

Thanks xx
  • judyblot
    Options
    There are many hair extension salons that indulge in hair extension and weaving treatment. But I would suggest you to go for clip in extensions as it is easy to manage them.