protein

Options
I was wondering is there a problem with to much protein? Iseem to go over on my protein often but have a prob getting enough calories.

Replies

• tamrajd
    tamrajd Posts: 86
    Options
    I was wondering is there a problem with to much protein? Iseem to go over on my protein often but have a prob getting enough calories.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is funny only because I asked the same question yesterday!! If you type in "protein is to high" into the search box for the message board site you should get the answers. Let me know if it works for you!!!!
  • I just read today that we should get 0.8 g protein for every pound of body weight. When I was pregnant, the nutrition guide that I followed was pretty firm on at least 100 g protein per day.

I still follow that diet when I need to get back in shape. It is Dr Brewer's pregnancy diet, and is really just a good all around common sense guide for good nutrition for anyone. You can Google to find it.

After you get 100 g protein and all the days required fruits & veggies and good carbs, there really is no room for anything else - you are satisfied. The protein helps to keep your blod sugar steady so you have good sustained energy, add is some fiber and feel full even longer.

Plus protein feeds your muscles and strong muscles burn more calories.