Brand New - and Terrified!

Options
Well hello - is there anyone out there?
So I was on another calorie counting site which in fact calculated things wrong for me, gave me way too much calories, and was a bit of a pain when it came to finding foods that were home prepared. Instead it would always opt for prepackaged everything - and those of us who cooked from scratch had to put in all our recipes - long story short it was super laborious and inefficient, so I jumped ship to MFP when my sister said most of her friends at work recommend this site.

The thing is I really enjoyed the support from the other site, people communicated daily with little inspiration sentences which made you feel like you were part of a community. I do enjoy the ease and facilitation of this site much better, but I miss the community of the other site, and the daily "likes" and "pat on the backs" of the other site. So we'll see I guess.

I just so need to get back to a more ideal weight for me. This does not mean I aspire to be a size 0 and never eat a canolli again in my life, or want to run from Toronto to Vancouver - just means I want to be a better version me, healthier, and happier.

Here's hoping....

Replies

• cutiekaylaa
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Great attitude.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, post often!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have been participating in the community side of the site for about 3 weeks now (just used the calculators and log before) and I have found it to be quite friendly, and a big encouragement.

Welcome!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Welcome! People can be very supportive on here and some people kick your butt when it needs kicking (and some people are d-bags :laugh: ). Friend people who you have things in common with or have similar goals to yours and you'll have all the support you need!

Good luck!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Just be active on the boards and build up a good group of supportive friends on MFP. You'll love it, and good luck with your goals!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This WILL be the place to help you achieve your goals :)
  • ccanga
    ccanga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am brand new too. As for my goal (loosing 15 pounds) I feel like I am looking up at Mt Everest. One foot in front of the other should do it though. Good luck. I will inspire you when I can.:glasses:
  • ncredman69
    Options
    Well from one newbie to the site to another, welcome. I just started the whole tracking calories ordeal. I decided to finally get into shape by doing Insanity and kinda figured that watching what I eat would be just as important. While Im on this Adventure for the next 60 days and hopefully more, please feel free to add me. I will be checking in every day, so I will give you a shot out.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I was here, then I was someplace else, then another, then several at one time, all in an attempt to find something that worked well for me. I found they all have their particular issues. MFP can be very cliquish at times. But there are also some very good people on here. I had the same issue with the various calorie counters and that is what brought me back here. You can build your own community by finding like minded people and adding them to your friends list.

I started using MFP less than 30 days ago and I now have 75 very excellent persons on my list that encourage me daily. So, it is quite possible. Just remember this IS the internet and like any other free site, there are many trolls. Ignore them and find the cool people.

A quick FYI; the douche-B-gone button is located by clicking on the inverted triangle under the users avatar. Don't be afraid to use it.
  • Bostonguy97
    Options
    Don't worry! We got your back! ; )