Question

Options
jsukhan
jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
I make a broccoli and chicken caserole that I found on the back on a Campbells Cream of Broccoli soup can. However due to the high sodium content of canned soup I have found my own recipe for Cream of Broccoli soup. My question is now when I try to create my recipe how I do I add another recipe as an ingedient. I addded my soup recipe to MFP but when search for ingredients while creating my caserole it does not show up. Lots of other cream of Broccli soups show up, just not mine.

Replies

• ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can add your original recipe stats as a new food to the database. That's what I do. I have an entire line of z 21's.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    On the food tab there is a "sub-tab" that has recipes. You can find it there.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    I know about the recipe tab my question is when you create or edit a recipe it asks for ingredients which you type into the search bar. You have no other options, once you click "add ingredient" you start searching the MFP data base. Which would be fine if I was still using canned soup. Now I'm not. The "ingredient" I want to add is an entire other recipe. Is there a way to do this?
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You can add your original recipe stats as a new food to the database. That's what I do. I have an entire line of z 21's.

^^ This is the best solution!
  • WendySue67
    WendySue67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add your own recipe as a searchable soup in the database and then it should come up when you search ingredients. Just make sure you give it a name that you recognize as yours because there are a lot of "homemade" things in there so it might get lost.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    You can add your own recipe as a searchable soup in the database and then it should come up when you search ingredients. Just make sure you give it a name that you recognize as yours because there are a lot of "homemade" things in there so it might get lost.

I did, it doesn't show up.
  • jsukhan
    Options
    Any other ideas?