Time Commitment

Options
I was just sitting here lamenting how much time it takes to stay on a committed journey toward health. Logging, planning meals, shopping, planning and executing workouts, using the message boards to give and receive help, encouragement and motivation...it all takes so much time. Then, I realized it's nothing compared to the time I used to spend on being unhealthy. Wanting to binge, planning a binge, getting rid of people so I could binge, bingeing, feeling cruddy after a binge, taking longer to do everything because I had no energy and it was so hard..it all took so much time. Here's to the time of my life and making this a time to take back my life.

Replies

• AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job! Being health does take time and effort, but so does being un-healthy and just think of the time that you will save by not spending it in a hospital and nursing home because you weren't taking care of yourself . Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • destinykymm
    Options
    I never thought of that before! Yeah, it does take time to be unhealthy. And you know what? It takes more money to be unhealthy too, all that money on exsoensive packaged goodies that you buy more of because you binge on them and eat most of it at one time. Yes, your right! Good motivation!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting here lamenting how much time it takes to stay on a committed journey toward health. Logging, planning meals, shopping, planning and executing workouts, using the message boards to give and receive help, encouragement and motivation...it all takes so much time. Then, I realized it's nothing compared to the time I used to spend on being unhealthy. Wanting to binge, planning a binge, getting rid of people so I could binge, bingeing, feeling cruddy after a binge, taking longer to do everything because I had no energy and it was so hard..it all took so much time. Here's to the time of my life and making this a time to take back my life.

I have to admit... I came in here to tear you a new one.. I thought you were going to be complaining about no time to work out etc ...

However I was shocked.. You did a health version of a rick roll.. Proud of you for your commitment.
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @kaxfenix - your post cracks me up! It is so easy to make excuses - no more! Thanks for encouragement.
  • kholloman
    kholloman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are so right! I hate all the logging, and trying to plan meals, grocery lists...all of it. BUT what else would I be doing? Kicked back watching tv thinking about what I would have for breakfast the next day lol. Seriously, McDonald's pancakes was a passion of mine. Instead tonight I made breakfast and lunch for tomorrow and when my regularly scheduled workout didn't get to happen I made the most of it and walked around WalMart while the kids got what they needed. I'm still trying to figure this out but it's definitely worth the effort.
  • ptmarr175
    Options
    Well i am putting twice as much work in to getting healthy as I ever did being a glutton and I feel better look better and know better. 1 day at a time and keep on keeping on
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    luckily the fitter and healthier we are the more energy we have :) that way we can keep logging etc.

I don't mind logging - it reminds me to be good. Knowing that I have to be accountable for what goes in my mouth does make me think twice.