What weight were you to fit into an XL?

Options
I am wondering what weight everyone was when they could fit into an XL shirt?

I can't remember when I was last able to fit into an XL shirt (if ever).
and I would love to be able to shop at 'normal' stores that sell up to XL shirts or get some of the cute underarmor gear!

Replies

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Go try them on! I wear a 16 pants and XL shirt, including some UA tech shirts. I weigh 220 and am 5'6".
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weight 190 and wear XL tshirt, but my bust size still puts me in an XXL
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    About 210/220.
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ditto - i was about 210 pounds when I wore XL
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was about 235 pounds, but I'm also 5'10", so that might have something to do with it. I'm in the 220s now, at - currently!!! - 229.8.
  • AngelLSharum
    Options
    I wear mostly XL. I could wear Large but I have a 38DD bust so most L are too small across the front. I'm 5ft tall and weigh 169.
  • mkeen77
    mkeen77 Posts: 32
    Options
    Anywhere from 200-220.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm at 224 and wear L-XL, but I have a small bust and a large butt.....
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a small upper body but probably around 220
    I still can't fit into XL pants (need 1x) and I am 205
  • effcla
    effcla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weighed 187 but once I hit 180 I moved to XL but that's because I don't like tight shirts that showed my muffin top.
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    for me I was around 225-230. but that was XL from stores like Torrid and Lane Bryant.
    Now I'm below 200Lbs and am easily in junior XL/L

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 152 lbs here...also a 38 D. I just lost 12 lbs recently and am now wearing a size large...this ALSO depends on the brand and the style. Sometimes I still wear an xl if it's a baggy looking kind of shirt.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was over 200 lbs, exact weight I am not sure...
    Good luck :)

ETA - by reading other posts it is apparent it depends how you like your clothes to fit.
    At 161lbs I wear a medium, occasionally a large if it is a t-shirt and I want it looser.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It depends how tall you are. I will look a lot bigger at 198 (when I wore XL) than someone who is taller than me at the same weight. I'm 5'4"
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was wearing an XL when I started here at 210 pounds.
  • sherwinnelson
    sherwinnelson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    About 230-235. I am almost 6 feet tall DDD busts with a large frame.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was around 230-240 lbs when I could comfortable fit into an XL shirt. Now I'm down to 220 they seem a bit loose. It's a shame really I'd been wanting to get to XL for such a long time (down from 4xl) and the shirts I bought will only last me another few months.

I tried on one of my 4xl shirts recently and I can almost wrap it around myself. It's incredible to think about how much I've really lost.

I still have another 30-40lbs to go however.
  • krisann27
    Options
    I'm borderline XL now; In some styles, the XL doesn't look good on me at all. I'm about 200 lbs, but I'm tall-ish at 5'9" :)
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weighed 187 but once I hit 180 I moved to XL but that's because I don't like tight shirts that showed my muffin top.

I've been wearing XL shirts all the way from 219 down to where I am now (around 180) for this reason. I'm bigger on top (and not from a large bust) and I don't like things that feel too clingy. I can do a L for my workout tops now though.
  • mrsgroove
    Options
    I am 5'5" and i was 218-220 and some of my XL's were alittle too tight. So I was wearing mostly XL and some XXL. I was wearing an 18/20 size tops and jeans. I had some loose cut 16W jeans I could wear but only if I wasn't bloated. Thankfully I have given those away and am at 180 wearing med or large tops and size 12 jeans. You'll be wearing what you want before you know it! You can do it!